It’s mournday again… It’s even more mournful after a long weekend where I did absolutely nothing except sit in front of the PC, prop my legs up and devour episodes of Masterchef while munching on potato chips and pretend that they were risotto/frittata/paella and what-nots. nom nom.
Since I clearly stewed in my own rancid atmosphere of hermit-ness for many hours, I don’t look my best today. Which is why, my beloved readers, I will be bringing out (and showing you) the creme de la creme of my BB cushion army. Yes, today, I will show you the BB cushion that has trumped even the Hera UV Mist Cushion (sorry Shin Min Ah, you know I still love you nong time – smoochies smoochies-)
IOPE Air Cushion XP
Comparing with my previous IOPE Air Cushion Sunblock Ex-Cover – both are C21 Cover Vanilla but can you see the difference? The new XP version blends so well into my skin.. oooh….
Isn’t the finish just ahmayyzzinngg? (sorry, bear with me as ahmayzzzing is my new catchphrase after watching too much Masterchef). Ignore the crazy dark eye circles though – as I’ve been repeating ceaselessly, I’ve been watching a lot of shows, which explains the crazy panda eyes.
You. must. buy. this. It is just ahmayzzzingg.
- As with all BB cushions, it is lightweight and crazy easy to apply. Simply use the sponge to pick up the product and dab onto your face.
- This one is super moist and gives a superb dewy glowy finish.
- It gives fantastic coverage – my dark eye cirlces are about 2-3x worse than what you see in the photos.
- There is no need to set with loose powder – the finish you see in the photos are only with nose bridge highlighter and blusher.
- In fact, I find that it looks more cakey with loose powder, so don’t dust on any loose powder.
- It lasts the whole day (about 6-8 hours) and is still dewy / glowy (note: not oily)
- It is buildable and breathable and I can re-apply throughout the day without it caking.
- It brightens up my skin (without the artificial 2-shades-too-fair effect).
- If it helps to further cement your purchase decision, it also smells damn good.
- I know it will sound exaggerated and vaguely ludicrous, but I swear that the first time I wore this out, more people (well, more than usual hurhurhur) turned around to check me out. yes yes, shameless plug on myself. And no, my fly wasn’t undone and I didn’t have a nose booger hanging out of my nose on that day either. I checked. hehehe.
- At the end of the day, it’s also easy to remove (some products such as foundations require more cleansing effort).
There really isn’t much more for me to say than “BUY IT NOWWWWW”. It’s even better than the Hera one which contains clay and may not be that good for your skin (add-on: when I say not good for your skin, I forgot to mention that it absorbs oil, so if your skin is more dry, then it’ll come across as being drier. In contrast, this one adds moisture to your skin. In essence, clay is good for your skin and has been used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes for many centuries now). If you’re not headed to Korea anytime soon, you can buy it online from Mootta, a KBeauty and KFashion site 😀 They ship amazingly fast, and it comes extremely well-packed and cushioned in bubble wrap.
Added on 12 June: Since I’ve gotten a few requests asking for MAC shade comparison, I’ve managed to get my hands on some MAC products so that you can do a comparison. No colour editing done, photos taken indoors under normal sunlight.