I’ve been feeling so hot and bothered recently. I mean, there’s been excessive bodily fluids coming from places where the sun don’t shine.
Ok, gutter minds, that came out all wrong.
You obviously know I was talking about the friggin’ weather, the insufferable humidity and pit sweat stains. I mean, it’s not like there’s an influx of topless brief-clad hunky men swarming around me (I do wish that though hurhurhur).
I feel like everything’s melting off these days, so I am actually piling on extra sunblock (I also have to make sure that my OPT treatment doesn’t go to waste – review to come soon!)
Besides my normal sunblock, SPF-inclusive Sulwhasoo Renodigm cream and the SPF-inclusive Too Cool For School Lunchbox BB, I’ve added one more step, which is this. (yes, I know, it’s a little excessive heh).
And now, cos I know a request will probably come up for this – here’s how it looks when you apply makeup over it
When applied with the IOPE Air Cushion XP – you can see a slightly increase in skin brightness 😀
Comparing the Orbis UV Cut Sunscreen On Face Beauty Light (which I’ve just found out is a Singapore exclusive) vs the Laneige White Plus Renew Tone Up Corrector –
I like the packaging cos it’s got rounded corners and fits comfortably in my hand – I know I’m not gonna be grasping it all day and all night, but still, me just likey.
- The fragrance is wonderful, kinda like a powdery floral scent.
- The Tone Up Corrector is really lightweight and has a slight white-pinkish tinge to it.
- It spreads easily and glides over the skin without pulling.
- There’s a slight glow to your skin once it sets in (which doesn’t take very long).
- As you can see from the swatches above, it really does give your skin an extra tone up, especially when you apply your makeup over it.
- You won’t feel like there’s anything on the skin – perhaps a slight increase in hydration levels (it certainly doesn’t feel drying).
- There’s also a slight cooling sensation.
- The after-feel is one that isn’t velvety smooth; in fact there’s a 1% almost-sticky sensation but you can feel that it’s the type of stickiness will help your makeup to stay longer, like a pseudo magnetic feel. It’s similar to the Sulwhasoo Essential Luminature Finisher, which makes your skin supple.
Overall, I’d say that this is a multi-functional skincare product that protects your skin, acts as a makeup primer and a makeup wear time enhancer.