Besides launching the new and improved version of the White Plus Renew line recently, Laneige also upgraded their BB cushion. Formerly known as the Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion (#omgtoolong), it’s now a much simpler and catchier Laneige BB Cushion.
The one and only time that you’ll get to see this circular honeycomb pattern – after the initial usage, it becomes all normal blah and beige lol. By the way, this is called the “Cell-trap Sponge Multi Cushion Form”, which stores liquid (aka the BB essence) into its 800,000-cell sponge.
This comes in the press kit – not sure which colour is which, but you can get a good gauge of the shades . Also not sure which shade is missing since there are supposedly 5 shades available: #13 True Beige, #21 Natural Beige, #23 Sand Beige, #31 Brown Beige and #33 Coffee.
- Similar to its predecessor (the Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion), it comes in a compact casing with a puff tray that also doubles as a seal (to avoid the product evaporating and drying out).
- It’s still the same size (in terms of the refill), so if you wanna swop around the Amore Pacific family’s BB cushions, feel free to do so (Hera UV Mist Cushion, IOPE Air Cushion XP) .
- This new version contains the MelaCrusher technology (check out this photo to find out what it’s about).
- Even though I store it in normal temperature, it still feels a refreshingly icy cool when I apply it to my skin, which I attribute to the 4-degree drop in temperature that it’s supposed to bring about. Loving this!
- Besides soothing your skin with the cooling effect, it also has 5 other effects, one of which is moisturising. Yes, my skin feels really moisturised and waterfull, a teensy weensy bit too much for my liking. Within an hour, I could feel my glasses sliding down my nose and I noticed streaked BB marks along my nose bridge too. (yes I know I could jolly well wear contact lenses as well, but hey, this is a truthful review).
- Because of its waterfullness, it gives a lovely glowy and dewy finish. See above pictures for proof.
- It does even out my skintone pretty well (except for the fact that it’s a little bitty too yellowish for my skintone). Coverage of blemishes is pretty good as well.
- Although 1-2 layers is enough for everyday wear, you can pat on many layers but it won’t cake.
- However, the one downside of this (and its predecessor) is its oxidisation rate. I’m not sure if it’s caused by my particularly overactive sebum glands, but I find that it begins oxidising and melting after just 2-3 hours of wear. I can see it particularly clearly at the chin, the nose and corners of the nose – miniscule little spots of oxidised BB cushion combined with facial sebum. Very unglam-looking. The cheeks and area under the cheek bones are fine though (cos that area of my face is slightly drier).
Overall, I’m on the fence about this BB cushion and I’d recommend it only to those whose sebum glands aren’t so into working overtime / living in a humid climate It gives a beautiful glowing coverage, makes your skin cool down, is convenient and good enough for touching up on the go.For those who prefer a matte finish, check out the Pore control version.
Available from March 2014 onwards and comes in 5 shades: #13 True Beige, #21 Natural Beige, #23 Sand Beige, #31 Brown Beige and #33 Coffee.