As I previously admitted, I’m a walking example of how celebrity endorsements work. I love Shin Min Ah = I buy majority of the products she endorses.
Why did I buy the Hera UV Mist Cushion?
- I’m obsessed with BB creams.
- 5-in-1? Sounds like a major time-saver.
- She looks ridiculously gorgeous in this ad and I can look like her if I own it.
So I bought it. Two of them in fact. I bet Hera must be damn pleased with their advertising agency.
Hera UV Mist Cushion C21 헤라 UV 미스트 쿠션 C21 호 – KRW45,000
Comes with an extra refill, as with most of Amore Pacific’s BB Cushions (as far as I know, Laneige and IOPE)
Looking yellowish against the blue-lilac puff… but looks deceive! (P.S. These crappy photos were taken some time ago when I just opened them. I promise to improve my photo-taking skills!)
Trying very hard to show the C21, but it suits my skin tone so perfectly that it blends right in! The best I can capture is the dewy effect. There’s no glitter – it’s just the light bouncing off.
Basically the N series is for the natural look (meaning less coverage) while the C stands for Cover (more coverage). No. 22 is Shimmer Beige – for those who want the really, really dewy look. Kind of like a BB Cushion highlighter for your T zone and cheekbones.
Honestly I can’t really tell the difference… they just all look extensively photoshopped.
Taken indoors: Hera UV Mist Cushion N21 Cool Vanilla Natural (left) and C21 Cool Vanilla Cover (right)
Taken under natural sunlight: Hera UV Mist Cushion N21 Cool Vanilla Natural (left) and C21 Cool Vanilla Cover (right)
Clearly the C21 shade suits me more – it blends so well that you can barely see that it’s there. The N21 is slightly rosier and more glowy.
My standard bare-faced photo as follows.
After applying the C21 – rosier, fairer and slightly less pore-ish. But still as camwhorish.
Why should you buy it?
- It provides wonderful coverage without caking or looking too thick.
- It is lightweight.
- It hydrates your skin.
- It cools down your skin by 1-2 degrees (clever move, Amore Pacific, to recycle your product technology in your family. The Laneige Cool Stay Powder also cools down your skin. Bought it already, but have yet to do up a review on it.)
- It has skin whitening properties.
- It’s from Hera and all Hera products are awesome.
- And of course, the most important reason: It could turn you into a goddess like Shin Min Ah.
It’s not available in Singapore so you can buy it online from either MOOTTA, which is selling the new and improved version Hera UV Mist Cushion Long Stay , or from gmarket sg (now known as Qoo10). Alternatively, head to english.gmarket.co.kr (but you’ll need to have an account there and it can be quite a hassle to register).