There really is no stopping the BB cushion wave – every single time I go to Korea, I’ll think to myself “Ok, no more buying BB cushions! Say no!”
And then after barely 5 minutes in Myeongdong or Lotte Department store, I’ll be tottering over at remarkably fast speed (and leaving my friends in my dust-filled cloud), and oohing and ahhing over the latest cushion launched.
To date, I have bought and tried the following BB / CC cushions (listed in random order):
- IOPE Air Cushion Sunblock EX-Cover
- IOPE Air Cushion XP (the new and improved version of the IOPE Air Cushion Sunblock EX-Cover)
- Hera UV Mist Cushion
- Holika Holika Face 2 Change Moist Cushion BB
- Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion
- Laneige BB Cushion (the new and improved version of the Laneige Snow BB Soothing Cushion)
- O Hui Mineral Water BB Cushion
- Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion
- The Face Shop Natural Sun AQ Smart Cushion
- Innisfree Long Wear Cushion
- Innisfree Water Glow Cushion
- VDL Metal Cushion Foundation
- O Hui Moist CC Cushion
- The Face Shop Cushion Screen Cell
- Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion Compact
- Sulwhasoo Evenfair Perfecting Cushion Brightening
- The History of Whoo Luxury Golden Cushion
- Hera UV Mist Cushion (2015 Olympia Le-Tan Limited Black Edition)
- VDL Beauty Metal Cushion 2015 Upgraded version
Even though I’ve also got the Etude House Magic Any Cushions that I’ve yet to review (you can check out their photos that I took when I attended the launch in Korea here!), I guess this makes it lucky number 10. Say hi to the (even) new(er) version of the Laneige BB Cushion – the Laneige Pore Control BB Cushion. (or Laneige BB Cushion Pore Control, if you’re a stickler).
In Singapore, the shades available are: 13, 21, 23, 31 and 33. Shade 14 is only available in Korea
Comparing the matte finishes: Innisfree Long Wear cushion vs Laneige BB cushion Pore Control
First and foremost – the Laneige BB cushion is more for whitening and brightening, whilst this one (although it does brighten) is catered more for the following:
- Purify the pores and enhance skin’s capability to prevent further pore troubles
- Cover up pores with tight elastometer and soft focus powder
- Offers a fresh and semi-matte finish without greasiness with its powerful dual powder formula.
- Cools down the skin temperature by three degrees, anti-darkening and long-lasting shine-free effect (although these last two are similar qualities offered by the Laneige BB cushion.
Righty then, let’s get down to reviewing the product 😀
- It comes in the usual casing as with more BB cushions, only this one comes with a blue top.
- And yes, the refill is compatible with Hera, AmorePacific, IOPE, Laneige and Etude House.
- The coverage is really goooood. It’s great for times when you’re in a rush and don’t have time to pat on multiple layers – this covers almost all my blemishes except for the dark eye circles (which I’ve come to accept as part of my genetic heirloom from my long-lost great-grandpanda).
- I’m proud to announce that a lot of my pores were covered up really nicely, with just one layer.
- It’s buildable and won’t cake (yippee!), but one layer will suffice.
- Despite using shade 21, I didn’t have that yellowish tinge to my skintone.
- It also covered up the redness in my skin.
- There’s a cooling sensation upon fresh application, but it doesn’t stay long. I’m not fussed about this –
- The wear time is loooong too. I only needed to touch up after 7 hours (and this includes some morning sinus sneezing and blowing of the nose).
- The finish is matte with a slight touch of dewiness. This is great cos once my sebum glands start production, I won’t need that extra shine to my face.
- Now comes the most important part – remember I said in my review for the Laneige BB Cushion that oxidisation was a major issue? Praise the AmorePacific Beauty gods – this has finally been resolved! Even after 7 hours, I didn’t see the spotty oxidised clumps of goo on my face. YAYYYY. And this was tested out in my crazy summer monster of a country Singapore, where temperatures average 32-35 degrees celsius with a 80% humidity.
Ok, very very excited now – this has become one of my favourite BB cushions! Go get yours nao!