MY BLOGGER PORTFOLIO
As a blogger, here are some collaborations that I’ve done with brands, as well as instances where I’ve been featured and various contests that I’ve joined 🙂
APRIL 2016: SINGAPORE WOMEN’S WEEKLY, KENZOKI FEATURE
APRIL 2016: SINGAPORE WOMEN’S WEEKLY, KENZOKI FEATURE
MARCH 2016: JUDGE, HER WORLD BEAUTY AWARDS 2016
MARCH 2016: Featured in ELLE Singapore, On The Top Shelf
JANUARY 2016: WINNER, INAUGURAL HERWORLDPLUS SOCIAL MEDIA AWARDS, BEAUTY
OCTOBER 2015: FEATURED ON SG TATLER ONLINE: 5 OF THE BEST SINGAPORE-BASED INSTAGRAM STARS TO FOLLOW
Link to article here 🙂
JULY 2015: MOST POPULAR BEAUTY BLOG 2015, OMY BLOG AWARDS (ORGANISED BY SINGAPORE PRESS HOLDINGS)
JUNE 2015: FEATURED IN THE STRAITS TIMES IN A KBEAUTY FEATURE STORY
Basically, my reputation as a Kbeauty fanatic / beauty blogger / beauty junkie precedes me, so I was asked to chat with a Straits Times journalist regarding my thoughts on the Kbeauty/beauty scene. 😀
MAY 2015: 1 OF 2 BLOGGERS INVITED TO ATTEND THE OFFICIAL HISTORY OF WHOO LAUNCH PRESS TRIP IN KOREA
Isn’t this place absolutely gorgeous?! Find out more about their flagship store in Korea here
Wanna know which products of The History of Whoo will suit your skintype? Check out their full range here!
MAY 2015: FEATURED IN COSMOPOLITAN SINGAPORE MAY 2015, COSMOPOLITAN BEAUTY GRAND PRIX AS A BEAUTY PANEL GUEST JUDGE
Judged about 10 categories of beauty products, with featured quote.
MAR 2015: THE ONLY SG BLOGGER SELECTED TO ATTEND LANEIGE’S GLOBAL BEAUTY CAMP IN SEOUL
- Day 1: Aritaum shopping/W Seoul Walkhill Check-in
- Day 1: Orientation/Gala Dinner with Song Hye Gyo/Unveiling of Water Sleeping Mask
- Day 1 Nightlife: Dongdaemun Shopping
- Day 2: Kbeauty Makeover
- Day 2: Visiting Laneige’s Flagship Store & Attending the Sleeping Beauty Secret Class
- Day 2: Kbeauty Nightlife Party with Song Jae Rim and Kpop stars
MAR 2015: FEATURED IN CLOZETTE WEEKLY INTERVIEW SEGMENT
article link here
FEB 2015: FEATURED IN WATSONS GLOW MAGAZINE
OCT 2014: ONE OF 3 BLOGGERS SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH RENOWNED KOREAN BEAUTY GURU PONY
This pretty lady was invited down to Singapore by Etude House to grace the opening of their largest flagship store in the world located at Wisma Atria Singapore, and I was one of just three bloggers selected to have an interview with her.
She was personable, friendly, affable and totally a joy to chat with. 😀 Read my exclusive interview with her here,
OCT/NOV 2014: FEATURED IN SEPHORA BOOKLET WITH TOP BEAUTY BLOGGERS 😀
To push for a global initiative to feed underprivileged children, Clarins had a collaboration with Feed and created a special set.
I was approached in order to drum up greater awareness for this very worthy cause.
SEPTEMBER 2014: FEATURED BY LOREAL PARIS ON THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE
AUGUST 2014: BEST BEAUTY BLOG, 2nd RUNNER-UP, SINGAPORE BLOG AWARDS 2014
Organised by the digital department (omy.sg) of the largest media house in Singapore (Singapore Press Holdings), the Singapore Blog Awards 2014 is an annual affair. I joined this contest and wrote several entries (according to their guidelines) and placed 3rd 🙂 Read my entries about curling your hair with a straightener, channeling your inner Kpop star, and a tutorial on how to do gradient lips here.
JULY 2014: FEATURED BLOGGER BY RENOWNED KOREAN SKINCARE CLINIC – CNP SKIN
I’ve actually paid money for their services, which I LOVE. Visit their website to find out more about their services here. You can also read about my review of their Scaling and Polishing treatment here.
May 2014: SELECTED TO ATTEND ETUDE HOUSE’S GLOBAL LAUNCH OF MAGIC ANY CUSHION IN SEOUL
Read my post here (to be updated)
FEATURED BLOGGER IN SKIN AND TONICS
Yay! Thanks for featuring my blog as one of the top few for Kbeauty reviews 😀
MAY 2013: JURONG POINT x BEAUTIFULBUNS ULZZANG MAKEUP WORKSHOP
Special collaboration with Jurong Point (for its 18th anniversary celebrations) – an Ulzzang makeup workshop held specially for my readers 😀 find out more here.
MARCH 2013: FEATURED IN PRIVE NEWSLETTER
Featured for my post regarding Aegyo-sal (Korean for puffy undereye bags)
FEB / MAR 2013: ONE OF 5 FINALISTS FOR ZALORA x SAMPAR BLOGOUT CONTEST
One of my first forays into the competitive blogosphere – I wanted to see how I’d fare against the rest even though I’d only been blogging for a short while.
I had to blog about certain pre-set topics, and successfully made it into the Top 5. 😀
DEC 2012: THE BODY SHOP’S MOST STYLISH BLOGGER
One of the contestants for The Body Shop’s Most Stylish Blogger. Contest has ended – made it to top 5. 😀 You can also read my blog entry on The Body Shop’s Winter Trend Makeup Workshop here.
NOV 2012: CRABTREE & EVELYN’S CHRISTMAS COLLECTION PREVIEW
One of several selected bloggers invited to preview Crabtree & Evelyn’s Christmas collection. Read my blog entry here.
SEP 2012: THE BODY SHOP’S 36th ANNIVERSARY BLOGGERS’ CHALLENGE
AUG 2012: MAYBELLINE LASHIONISTA’S FEATURED BLOGGER
One of the featured bloggers on Maybelline’s Lashionista’s microsite. Check out my testimonial here.
MY EDITORIAL PORTFOLIO
I’ve been writing professionally since 2006, so I’ve got hundreds of articles to my name. Here are some of my more recent pieces. I’ll try to get around to doing up proper PDFs soon.
AsiaOne (as contributing beauty writer) (Jan 2016~ present)
BE ASIA (contributing editor) (March 2015 – October 2015)
- 5 lipsticks to get you smooch-worthy: Our beauty picks
- Fun in the sun: 6 sunscreens to try
- 6 Best Mother’s Day pressies
- Brow Me Away: 8 Brow products to try
LIFESTYLEASIA.com (Contributing Beauty Editor, July 2013 – Jan 2015)
- Christmas Wishlist Round-up
- Backstage with Beno Lim at the MCM x MAC fashion show
- Beauty Panel: Best Primers
- 10 Best Primers for your skintype
- Review: ESPA at Resorts World Sentosa
- Anything but Pink: Non-Pink blushers for every skintone
- Beauty Panel: Best Masks
- A Mask-erade: Weekly Pampering treats
- Eye-catching: Backstage at the Lancome Grandiose Show
- Absolutely Scent-sation: Fragrances to try
- Pucker Up: 9 Must-Have Lip Hybrids
- Eye do, Eye do: 9 Best Brightening Eye Creams
- How to Wear YSL’s Couture Palettes
- Mane Stars: 5 Hair Spas to try
- Interview with George Young (so so hamsome and witty!)
- Review: Sulwhasoo Spa
- Interview with Dior’s Senior Makeup Artist Han
- Guide to Glamour: Dior Backstage Studio at ION
- 7 Whitening Products for Luminous Skin
- 8 Whitening Products that work
- Reversing the Sands of Time with La Mer (review of La Mer’s Lifting Serum)
- Freeze The Tell-Tale Signs of Age (review of Venus Freeze)
- The White Kind of Love (whitening products)
- As Easy as A, BB and CC (BB and CC creams)
- 5 Kbeauty makeup tips from Laneige Global Makeup Artist Romeo Eun
- Best Summer products for Frizz-free hair
- Interview with Lady First 女人我最大 Hair Maestro Yi Lin Laoshi
- Brows and Buy (brow grooming products)
- Back to Basics – Clean and Preen (Y U no state my name?!)
- Back to Basics – Tone, or be stone
CLEO (I worked here as the Web Editor from 2009-2011 – I have tonnes of articles on both the CLEO website and the magazine, so I’m gonna slowly update this list)
- Interviewing Adam Lambert
- Be Safe Online
- All about Kpop (ooh looky looky. I totally had foresight back in 2010)
- Traditional beauty remedies
- 15 Hotties from the region (yeah.. I was totally perving at such a young age. lol)
I also contributed some articles to WardrobeTrendsFashion.com from March 2013 – May 2014 (worked mainly via email submission).