I love BB cushions but I hate reviewing them – and it’s for the weirdest reason. Cos I hate editing photos of my face. It’s like how I hate listening to my own voice. Ah well, first world problems.
Anyhoos, here’s yet another BB cushion review (with the accompanying photos of my face to kickstart your week with a horror jumpstart) hah.
Both cushions are meant for summer usage, with the Long Wear Cushion giving a more matte finish and is meant for oilier skin, while the Water Glow gives a slight dewy finish and is meant for slightly dry skin
Now most of us Singapore ladies are pretty adverse to the whole “glowy” effect in terms of makeup, and it’s pretty much our climate’s doing. Growing up here, we are perpetually covered with perspiration and the resultant sebum and oily face, and it’s something we’ve come to (unfortunately) associate with the word “glow”. Even I’m not exempt from this – when asked to pick one of the two cushions at Innisfree’s Cushions Class, I chose for the Long Wear one by default and by habit. But you know what? I’m actually preferring this Water Glow one now!
- It comes in the usual compact casing with a removable refill (which actually takes more effort than the others I’ve used – Laneige, IOPE, Hera). And no, it is not interchangeable with those. See photos below.
- There’s a nice herbal scent to this product.
- The sponge (holding the product) is slightly tougher than the other brands.
- The application puff, however, is the same.
- Upon initial application, it feels cool and moisturised. The hydration levels aren’t OTT though – you can see from my photos that the glow is quite subtle.
- The coverage is good – see how the pesky hormonal acne blemishes along the jawline are covered up nicely?
- After a few hours it does get a little dry on my combi-oily-dry skin, especailly at the cheek area
- The wear time is pretty decent – I saw some slight oxidisation after about 4 hours (around the chin and the corners of the nose), but a little touch-up covered it up.
- It can get a very eensy weensy bit cakey if you pile on too much onto dry skin, so make sure to spritz on some facial mist before reapplying.
Overall, I actually prefer the Water Glow version to the Long Wear version. (simply cos of my crazy skin with super dry cheeks but uber oily T-zone). For more moisture, try the Laneige Pore Control BB Cushion.
Addressing another common concern – are the refills interchangeable?
- Laneige x IOPE x Etude House x Hera = OK.
- (Laneige x IOPE x Etude House x Hera) x Innisfree = Not OK.
In essence, Innisfree is literally in a league of its own.
The Innisfree refill (being smaller) can fit into the Laneige casing with ease, but will leave a little concave gap at the bottom cos it’s shallower. On the other hand, the Laneige refill cannot fit into the Innisfree casing cos it’s slightly larger and also deeper.