I kinda gave up on toners several years back, cos I heard from a beauty brand presentation that they’re not necessary. That, and cos it kinda saved me moneh. I mean, most of the toner product goes onto the cotton wool anyway, right right right?
Ever since le brother started working at one of the world’s top beauty brands (I don’t even know how/why but hey, it gets me freebies!), he’s been nagging me to start on using toner. I usually tune him out, but his nagging just subconsciously gets into my brain. The most important part that I’ve absorbed is that it helps remove dead skin cells so that skincare can be better absorbed. (not buying the portion about removing remnant makeup, cos that’s what a good cleanser should do).
Now I know this isn’t really a toner, but so far, I’ve been using it directly on my freshly-cleansed face, and I must say it has worked some wonders 😀 No wonder a Korean beauty editor said that it was one of the top beauty products that debuted in 2013.
It’s totally worth the hype ❤~! Mucho gracias to Romeo for getting this as a gift for me – indeed, the professional makeup artist does know best.
- The bottle is a frosted heavy glass bottle with a brushed metal turn-cap, so it can be a little smooth and easy to slip from your grip, so be careful. My girlfriend managed to drop her Sulwhasoo First Care Serum (within less than 3 uses), and it’s not even half as smooth.
- The liquid is odourless (vs SK-II’s Facial Treatment Essence -holymommaofodours!-)
- It’s also super lightweight – it’s almost like water.
- It’s super quickly absorbed and leaves no sticky, oily, greasy renmant – nothing at all.
- Instead, the only thing I felt was smoother and more moisturised skin.
- What’s more, there is skintone improvement. Even Isabelle noticed that my skin was fairer and brighter after about 2 weeks of usage. Major happiness!
- It hasn’t done much for fine lines (as yet).
- I know you’re supposed to use it after toner and before moisturiser / emulsion , but I’m preferring to use it on my skin immediately after cleansing. 😀
- It doesn’t seem to irritate my skin much too.
- I have previously tried on SK-II’s Facial Treatment Essence (or rather, my brother lunged at me with a soaked cotton pad) and my skin got slightlyyyy red.
- There are markings on the side of the bottle (photo to come soon!) – kinda like your cough syrup bottle to show you how much should be used at one time.
Overall, a really good product if you’re looking to improve your skintone and smoothen it. Buy it naooooo.