I think I’ve gone slightly overboard on my first care product spree – basically, first care products are what I call those that you apply onto freshly-cleansed face. At the moment, I’ve got the following on my dresser – Sulwhasoo First Care Serum, Hera Preperfection Serum, belif Numero 10 essence, Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum no wonder I’m running out of space heh. The latest to join the pack is this from Innisfree (yes I seem to be actively amassing an Innisfree army)
Now I’m not sure if this should be classified as a first care product or a toner, cos its consistency is in between both products – not very watery but not full-on gel though.
- It’s about 20% more watery than the Laneige Perfect Renew Skin Refiner.
- It doesn’t have much fragrance, which doesn’t bother me much.
- The bottle feels nice to the touch cos of its frosted finish, but unlike the IOPE Bio Essence Intensive Conditioning, this is plastic so it’s not as heavy. It’s at a lower risk of breaking, but I wouldn’t go all butter-fingered just yet.
- It’s quite quickly absorbed, requiring perhaps 10-20 seconds more of patting for it to be fully absorbed.
- It left my skin feeling relatively bouncy and moisturised, maybe 10-25% more than usual, and doesn’t leave much of a sticky residue.
- My skin was also slightly smoother by about 5-10%, nothing super spectacularly, but hey, at least no outbreaks.
I personally didn’t see any superb improvement in my skin condition, and prolly wouldn’t buy a repeat bottle once I’m done with this. In fact, I actually saw and felt more results with the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum.