My arms are feeling more toned these days , and not because I’ve been going to the gym (although the nonstop shopping has helped a bit). In fact, the reason why I say that is because of all the skin-boosting-treatment-toners I’ve been using.
Whether it’s the Hera Cell Essence, IOPE Bio Essence Intensive Conditioning, Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence, Hanyul Essential Skin Softner, SK-II’s Facial Treatment Essence, or even the Laneige Perfect Renew Skin Refiner, they all have one thing in common – heavy glass bottle containers.
Now that I’ve changed to this Smim Fermentation Concentrate Total Treatment from The Face Shop, looks like I’ll still be continuing my workout cos it’s also in a heavy glass bottle (no surprises there). I really do wonder why though… does it preserve the quality of the product better? Hmm.. many thoughts I haz, but not enough brain cells.
- It comes in the usual heavy glass bottle with a frosted finishing on the exterior.
- What sets this aside from the others I’ve tried is its scent – it’s more fruity and citrusy, and appeals to me cos I like fruits 😀
- It’s meant to be used as the first step after your cleansing, so I use a cotton pad, soak it through and dab across my face.
- Besides being a skin booster (i.e. to enhance absorption rate of any skincare products that you’ll apply after), it also serves to help remove any remnant makeup and also softens the skin.
- To me, it’s similar to SK-II’s Facial Treatment Essence – kinda like a toner with more beneficial ingredients.
- It’s lightweight, watery, easily absorbed and leaves no residue.
- When applied onto freshly-cleansed skin, I can feel a significant improvement in hydration levels, with an added bounce to the touch (but I’m not talking about fish balls-bouncy there).
- I haven’t really seen any particular improvement in my skin, but neither have I seen any deterioration (which is a good sign to me these days, considering the fact that it’s so prone to breaking out :/)
- I have noted a slight improvement to my skin’s texture as well – perhaps 5% smoother and better refinement.
In general, I’d continue using this simply because I love the refreshing scent. In terms of efficacy.. well, it’s not that bad. I’d say it’s something worth trying if you’re new to this whole skin boosting-toner-treatment market, so maybe you’d like to try it out just for the fun of it? 😀
P.S: Just flash this bloggers’ badge at any THEFACESHOP outlets and you’ll receive 40% off your second purchase from the SMIM Fermentation Concentrate Range when you purchase the SMIM Fermentation Concentrate Total Treatment. Valid till 31 May so hurry!