One of the benefits of having slightly more active sebum glands (yes, there are benefits!) is that my skin is rarely dehydrated or dry. Sebum is a naturally produced (although usually detested) “liquid” that helps lubricate your skin – i.e. keep is from drying out. That’s why I’ve never really seen the need to actively purchase/use moisturising or hydrating products – until now. Alas, my fountain of youth is (literally) drying out – I’m a raisin! I’m a prune! I wanna be a round and firm grape! IMMA GRAPE!
Fine, so this isn’t the newest product on the market – I have #onlyoneface, so I can only try that many products at one time hohoho.
- It comes in a rounded cylindrical tube that has a flip-cap opening.
- There’s an opening that’s slightly larger than a pinhole – kinda like 2mm across – but what I love is how it always dispenses droplet by droplet. Just squeeze the bottle gently and you’ll get an exact droplet. Pretty impressive and consistent with its branding of “one drop locks up an ocean”.
- I usually squeeze a few droplets onto my palm and pat it across my face.
- The consistency is slightly more watery than the usual non-Light formula, so it can run down your fingers a bit if you’re not careful.
- It’s quickly and easily absorbed (within seconds), leaving no sticky residue.
- There’s not much scent, but that’s alright. It would really have been cooler if there was a literal ocean-breeze scent. Hah.
- My skin does feel significantly more hydrated after application – it’s actually really refreshing after my daily cleanse.
- It also looks smoother – due to the fact that it’s more plumped up from the additional moisture.
- How do I know this? Cos I only applied it to the right side of my face, vs the left side which I didn’t. And guess what? I saw results in just 1 week (or about 8-10 days).
- In terms of skin clarity or radiance, there’s not much difference, but I’m not fussed about it.
- Beauty tip: You can soak a couple of cotton pads with this and leave it on as a makeshift mask.
- I’d call this a more affordable alternative to those First Care Essences (i.e. IOPE, Hera, Nature Republic), and is particularly good for those with dehydrated skin / oily combi skintypes.
This fuss-free product is actually pretty decent – it does what it’s supposed to do, and that’s hydrating your skin (in a lightweight manner). I especially love patting this on in the morning cos it refreshes my skin and helps to wake me up as well 🙂