I tried… I tried so hard to resist this, because I know the moment I find one product that I like from a certain brand, I’ll hop onto the bandwagon and buy alllll their products. But alas, I have given in to temptation – I lamented and wailed to my friends that I’d betrayed Sulwhasoo, but being wonderful girlfriends, they told me that I’m actually a loyalist to my skin. Totally feeling the love 😀
Fine, so my review is prolly 10 million light years slower than the entire world, but hey, I eventually got on the bandwagon didn’t I?
- You guys all know I’m a major skincare sucker, so why didn’t I join the SK-II revolution before? For one very, very simple (and possibly shallow) reason – the scent (or rather, the lack of it). Have you guys smelled this SK-II Facial Treatment Essence before? Yes I know that it’s fermented (or something close), but there’s simply no other politically correct way I can go about this – it stinks. It feels like I’d taken my girlfriend’s baby boy’s peed-in diapers and rubbed it on my face. sheesh.The Comedone Formula smells wayyy better than this in comparison, and even that doesn’t smell nice.
- Why am I putting up with the
scentstench then? Simply cos it’s a good product (and also because I’ve learned how to hold my breath until I slather the next product on – Olympics diving, here I come!).
- As it is so aptly termed, yes it is miracle water indeed. It makes my skin clearer and more radiant, perhaps by a quarter of a shade?
- My skin is definitely softer after application.
- Sadly, it also doesn’t shrink pore size. If a product can do all these, it’ll prolly be from the fountain of youth.
- I apply it using a cotton pad, and I like that it’s also suitable for application around the eye area (well, that’s what the instruction sheet says anyway).
- With what’s leftover on the cotton pad, I have been ritually wiping it on the back of my left hand. Now, if I compare both hands, the left hand has less fine lines and doesn’t look as dry.
- If there’s still some dampness on your cotton pad, you can try applying it on your elbows as well – hey this has got to be one of the more expensive toners in the market, so maximise it.
- But that said, I’ve heard many protests that it shouldn’t actually be classified as a toner – it’s a lightweight essence /skincare booster supposedly, one that comes after your toner but before any boosters, emulsions or serums. Take your pick – I use it as a toner.
I’m convinced enough by the results to continue using this despite the stench. If you’ve got a strong nose, go forth and buy a bottle! 😀