Long, long ago, there was a 10-year-old chubby girl who faced the following conversation (or verbal attack).
Two mean girls: “Hey, why are the surface of your knees so bumpy? So uneven. Eeeeee.”
Chubby girl: “Erm. I don’t know. Maybe because I crawled a lot when I was a baby?”
Two mean girls: “Oh really? Did you crawl on your nose too? Cos it’s so bumpy too!” -cue synchronised evil chortling-
Chubby girl’s childhood gets scarred – true story-.
Needless to say, that was me, and I’ve been self-conscious about the white/blackheads on my nose ever since then. Of course, I’ve also been on a witch hunt for the two mean girls as well – I mean, c’mon, who says such hurtful things like that at 10? Sheesh.
Anyhoos, I’ve used the Kao Biore blackhead pore strips, and they worked fine, but the blackheads would keep coming back. Also, they are harmful to the skin since it’s so abrasive – kinda akin to sandpapering your face but on a gentler level. The Laneige Blackhead Melting Gel was also awesome… until I found this.
THIS IS THE SHITS. I am not kidding. And I use the word “shits” like how them movie stereotypical African Americans use it – “you the shitz gurl!” – cue snap of fingers-
- After about 2-3 weeks of using it, about 70% of my blackheads and whiteheads have been evicted from my face, and on peaceful terms too, meaning that there was no harsh scrubbing or squeezing or poking.
- Sometimes, I’ll be washing my face or randomly trying to remove some flakey skin when hey, a couple of whiteheads just fell out. Just. Like. That. WUUUT!
- The blackhead/whiteheads don’t come back as frequently as they used to, plus my pores are significantly smaller (and they remain small!).
- It absorbs fast and helps mattify the face, and to a certain extent, control sebum excretion.
- Fine, so this smells bad – but it’s botanicals, what did you expect? Plus, you can’t have a perfect product – even plastic surgery has its side effects.
Just so that you’re convinced, here’s a close-up photo of myself sans makeup – note the lack of any bumps on my nose and cheeks 😀 Ignore the dark eye circles – I just perpetually have them.
Unfortunately you can’t just buy this over the counter – make an appointment online with the DRx clinic and the doctor will check your skin and prescribe it to you. From what I heard, consultation is $50, so it isn’t all that expensive.
My doctor’s this SUPER fabulous Doctor Angela – I heard she’s got 2 children and her figure is major ooh-la-la. Her wardrobe’s straight out of Sex and The City – a mix between Charlotte and Carrie – and her skin is FLAWLESS. Oh yes, she’s really nice and friendly too 😀
The DRx Clinic
302 Orchard Road, 16th Floor
Tong Building (next to Paragon Shopping Centre)
Tel : (65) – 6733 1555
Fax (65) – 6733 2983
Mon to Fri : 10am to 8pm | Sat : 10am to 5pm
Closed on Sun & PH