I know I always claim not to shop in Singapore, but that’s partly due to the fact that I make a conscious effort to avoid stepping into the stores. Alas – last week, I walked into YSL Beaute with the brother who had to buysomething cos he had a Secret Santa thing going on in the office. Guess who walked out of YSL with a purchase instead?
To be honest, I think these pictures are slightly toned down in terms of the colour payoff – as you can see from my photos above, shade 33 is much brighter than how it appears on Han Ye Seul
I’m really such a sucker – when I saw the swatch on the back of Francis’ hand (he’s one of the senior makeup artists for YSL and is located at Orchard ION), I was 50% sold (a big contrast from the I-am-only-here-to-accompany-the-bro mentality when I walked in. After he mentioned that “this appeared in a Korean drama” and that it was “selling out really quickly” because “so many Koreans are buying it”, I said the magic words “I’ll take it”.
- The Packaging: A gorgeous gold cylindrical tube lipstick with YSL emblem going around the tube.
- The Scent: The lippie has a super fragrant scent – kinda like a sweet nectarine smell.
- The Texture: It literally glides on – it’s so smooth and moisturising!
- It doesn’t require a layer of lip balm before and it’ll still give enough hydration to create the impression of smooth, plumped luscious lips. I love!
- The colour is a cheery bright pink-coral (more on the pink side), but can take on different tinges under different types of lighting.
- The Wear Time: Immediately after application, the lips are so hydrated – you can feel the instant boost in moisture just by smacking your lips together.
- It does get removed once you start eating and drinking, but there’s still colour on your lips (except that now the gloss level is slightly toned down).
- After several hours, it settles into a rather matte finish but doesn’t seep into the cracks of your lips – it gives a rather nice rich pink semi-matte finish.
Overall: I haven’t really gone wrong with any YSL lip product before – love the Kiss & Blush as well as the other YSL Rouge Pur Couture lipstick (which is a semi-matte one vs this one in this review that’s a glossy one). I love the colour payoff, the moisture levels, the stay time and how it wears out over time into a different finish. Now I must stop myself from going out to get it in 10 different colours ARGHHHHH.