The earliest memory I have of the name “Cyrus” was clearly that of Billy Ray Cyrus – his Achy Breaky Heart was seriously like Backstreet Boys’ Everybody back then. It was so catchy, and aunties loved the song. In fact, I remember having to listen to the song over, and over, and over again because my mom dragged me to a line dancing class with her, and this was their song of choice. Yes, cowboy boots, hats, and tassels and all that jazz. Hah. Not the most glamourous of growing up memories, I have to admit. But anyhoos, when I first heard that Miley Cyrus was doing a Viva Glam collaboration, I was curious to see what sort of colour she’d come up with. I mean – the girl has somewhat -ahem- questionable decision-making abilities. But I was super, extremely pleasantly surprised with this collaboration piece – I LOVE THE COLOUR OMG.
Her pose is really similar to the original Viva Glam girl, my all-time favourite Mama Ru 😀
- The Lipstick: The shape and form are the same – bullet-shaped with a black casing, but with a red logo instead of the usual silver/white. The usual silvery/grey hardware is also replaced by a rich cherry-pink with Miley’s signature on it. Same goes for the box.
- The Tinted Lipglass: It looks the same as the usual Lipglass – plastic tube with a sponge-tipped applicator attached to the cap. There is an additional Miley signature on the body of the tube though. Same goes for the box.
- The Lipstick: It is somewhat moisturising, and is able to cover most of the dry flakey parts easily. There’s no need to apply any lip balm prior to the lipstick. The colour is CRAZY intense, and I absolutely love it. The pink is a perfect hot pink (with a blue-tinged base). It fades leaving a rosy pink tint. The gloss level is medium while the colour pigments are stronggggg. It doesn’t feel particularly sticky or heavy against the lips.
- The Lipglass: The sparkles are a mix of pink, silver and blue (from what my eyes can pick out), and they sit in a pink-tinged Lipglass gloss. The shimmer effect is very strong, but I can’t say the same for colour intensity – you can still see my original lip colour under this (if worn alone). This feels slightly sticker and heavier than the Lipstick.
The Verdict: I may have more than 100 lipsticks (I suspect it might have breached the 200-threshold mark), but it’s not gonna stop me from getting this Lipstick. And when people ask me “Do you really need another lipstick?” I now have the perfect comeback for them.
1) Do you not see how GORGEOUS the pink is?
2) Did you know that every single cent of the selling price of a Viva Glam lipstick goes towards helping those living with AIDS/HIV?
I probably could do without the Lipglass seeing as I’m more of a colour fiend for the lips, but those who want to have sparkle
tits lips, go for it!