You guys know how biased I am towards Korean brands – well, I’m not so blind. Etude House is one of my favourite brands not only cos it’s from Korea, but also cos it’s got really affordable makeup items that are good quality, and they release very pretty awesome limited editions / collaborations. I’m particularly excited about this Disney Princess Happy Ending items, which I received during the launch of Etude House’s largest Flagship Shop at Wisma Atria. 😀
- Of course, the packagings are so pretty – they are the plastic usual lipstick casings, but the designs are much inspired by the tales. There are various motifs related to the fairytale, such as castles, tiaras, and more.
- Snow White Apple Red Lips is a cherry red lipstick, while Belle Purple Rose Lips is a deep pink-purple colour.
- They dispense up via the usual twisting, as well as a click-top cap.
- There’s a very, very faint cherry scent to both lipsticks, but the sort that I stubbed my nose on the lipstick tip trying to sniff it out.
- Very surprisingly, both lipsticks are hydrating and glossy – I was kinda expecting a matte finish.
- It glides on super, super smoothly.
- One layer gives a rather vibrant colour with a lip balm-like gloss factor, while multiple layers build the colour intensity and up the gloss factor even more to a high shine.
- It’s not sticky at all, and feels lightweight against the lips.
- It doesn’t sit into the lines of the lips – thankfully, and plumps up the lips nicely.
- Once the lipstick wears off, it leaves a rosy tint.
At $17 each, it’s rather affordable (just like the Belle Rose Cheek Blusher which costs $16 each). The colour payoff is strong and does double duty – it moisturises and gives good colour 😀 The packaging is also super prettyyyy.