There are things in life that are naturally gorgeous – Emma Watson, Megan Fox, Scarlet Johansson, me (muahahaha, see how stealthily I snuck that in? hurhurhur), and of course, roses. I may not be big on receiving fresh flowers (I just get so upset when they droop, wither and die on me), but I can still appreciate how pretty they look. The beauty of roses is further amplified when combined with beauty products such as blushers. Just take a look at these Etude House blushers which I received during the opening of Etude House’s largest flagship store in the world, and you’ll know what I mean.
- Etude House sure has gone a little further than usual for this range – even the box packaging is pretty. It’s kinda like a novel/book if you stand it on its side 😀
- The blusher itself is encased in a flat, round case measuring about 5.8cm in diameter with a click-top.
- Too bad that there isn’t a mirror nor brush with this though.
- The blush comes in a beautiful rose emblem.
- There’s a very faint floral scent in the blusher.
- The powder grains are realllllly fine – there’s barely any visible fall-off.
- #1 Pink Shine Rose: This is a very sweet baby pastel pink with a faint pearly sheen. It’s great for those who prefer a more natural flush. You can apply several layers on and it builds nicely into a pinker flush – this is particularly good for those who tend to be heavy-handed. The sheer pearly sheen is also great for creating the illusion of a healthy pink glow without overdoing the dewy effect.
- #2 Coral Shine Rose: This is more pigmented of the two. The blush itself is a beautiful vivid coral-peach colour, and has a distinct gold pearly sheen to it. If you apply many layers, it will build into something that’s almost orangey. This is a colour that may not suit all, so go easy during application, or you might end up with orange-gold cheeks. When applied sparingly, it gives a healthy sun kissed coral colour. The glow is more pronounced in this shade.
- Beauty tip: What I do is to apply #1 Pink Shine Rose first, and then dust a light sprinkling of #2 Coral Shine Rose over the cheekbones as a blusher-highlighter. 😀
- They last surprisingly long – the entire day from 12pm to 10pm without oxidising or sinking into my enlarged pores too. I’m pretty impressed!
I haven’t used powder blushers in a while (I’ve been using the Esprique Melty Fix stick blusher, and then the Peripera Cushion blusher), and suddenly, because of these, I’m in love with them again 😀 Get them quickly before they’re sold out – these are limited edition items.