These days I’ve been obssessed over Girls’ Day and their image in Expectation. I was all like “daymn! I wanna be like you guys!” Until I found out that they’re 18 (or barely 18?!). And then I was like “oh hell no, you’re way too young for this, gurl!”
What the hell am I talking about? Check out their image in the MV – totally skanky, slutty and hawt!
It’s a twist-open cap, so don’t go trying to yank it off. There’s also a plug to prevent the gel from leaking out, though I doubt that’ll happen unless some itchy-finger customer decided to turn-twist the end (which dispenses the gel).
I’m loving this! Any eyeliner freak should know that the intensity of a gel eyeliner is the richest, but gel also tends to smudge. When I first tried it at the Maybelline Dream Mousse launch, I was pretty impressed by it, but I think they didn’t have stock back then. Well now, it’s finally in my hands now, my precioussss.
- It’s way, way more convenient to use than traditional gel pots and brushes.
- All you have to do is click-turn, and the gel is dispensed out.
- The flat angled tip makes for easy application directly, but Larry advocates dispensing a blob onto the back of your hand (like how I did in my swatches), and then using the tip to pick it up and apply. This will give you more control during application, and also lessens the risk of uneven blobs of gel on your lids.
- If you choose the second appliation method, note that cos this gel is relatively smudge-proof, so you may find it hard to remove from the back of your hand (especially if you’re touching up at a public toilet).
- The colour is rich and deep black -major loves-
- It’s also long lasting and relatively smudge proof – give it ample time to set and dry (don’t immediately fidget or touch it after application. a good 15-30 seconds should be sufficient).
- I give it 4-5 hours of intense blackness, following which it starts to fade to a normal black.
- It’s waterproof, in case you didn’t realise from the ad below. heh.
- I find that it lasts better on the upper lids than the lower lids – not sure if it’s cos my eyebags are so huge that they keep brushing against the top lids (when I sneeze, squint or yawn), which results in slight smudging.
I think the last time I passed by, this was going at an introductory price of $19.90 vs $24.90. I think it’s pretty worth the money, especially for its performance and convenience.