From convos with friends and family, I’ve come to realise that teeth whitening services can be pricey, and that drinking coffee/smoking can cause your teeth to lose their sparkling white demeanour faster than expected. If you’re looking for a safe and affordable alternative, perhaps you can try iWhite. Its range of products were among the first teeth whitening solutions in the market that do not contain hydrogen peroxide. A common ingredient in many teeth whitening solutions then, hydrogen peroxide is known to cause gum irritation, teeth sensitivity and in more serious cases, throat soreness. Excessive use can even cause damage to one’s enamel.
iWhite’s teeth whitening solutions – iWhite Instant Whitening Kit, iWhite Instant Whitening Toothpaste, and iWhite Instant Whitening Mouthwash – contain three active ingredients:
- Phthalimidoperoxycaproic acid (PAP): Teeth lose their natural colour as chromatic pigments are deposited over time. These whitening molecules work hard to break down these pigments and eliminate stains.
- Bioactive crystals: The crystals will fixate on the tooth and form a layer that leads to an instant whitening effect.
- Bioavailable calcium deposits: Located beneath the enamel, dentin is naturally yellow and shines through the translucent enamel. The deposits remineralise teeth and in turn, the thicker front layer will reveal less of the underlying yellow dentin.
iWhite Instant Whitening Kit ($49.90)
Comprising of 10 prefilled, thin and flexible trays, iWhite’s instant whitening kit is designed for comfort, convenience and maximum performance in mind.Simply wear the tray for 20 minutes a day up to five consecutive days for truly astonishing results. In just four simple steps, you can achieve a set of beautiful white teeth.
- Brush teeth gently before each application.
- Remove the prefilled tray from the sealed sachet and place the tray in your mouth. Ensure that the gel is in contact with the teeth’s surface.
- Gently close your lips over the tray and carefully close your mouth.
- Remove the tray after 20 minutes and discard immediately. Gently rinse your teeth and gum with water to remove all residue.
iWhite Instant Whitening Toothpaste ($9.90)
iWhite’s toothpaste was rated the number one and most effective toothpaste in a March 2015 Norwegian consumer trial involving eight toothpaste brands. Fluoride, a marquee ingredient, strengthens and remineralises your teeth.
- Absolutely safe for tooth enamel and gum, the PAP deeply whitens the teeth and also halts the growth of bacteria in the mouth, in turn inhibiting the growth of plaque. A 30-day clinical study on PAP revealed the ingredient’s ability to effectively whiten teeth.
- Micro-purifying crystals remove surface discolouration and give the toothpaste an instant polishingfunction. Not only do they restore natural whiteness, they also enhance the colour.
- Polyphosphatic particles remove all stains quickly and effectively. The active substances give a direct whiter effect and protect the teeth from the formation of new plaque.
iWhite Instant Whitening Mouthwash ($10.00)
The mouthwash contains blue covarine, which places an ultrathin film over the teeth’s surface during the rinsing action. Blue covarine alters the way light glints on teeth and gives an immediate visible white appearance. In addition, the ingredients Hexametaphosphate and PAP work in tandem to remove and prevent plaque.
The mouthwash dissolves discolouring substances without causing damage to the teeth or gums. It also deftly removes and prevents new plaque formation, giving you an instant bright smile. Flouride imbues it with a tooth-strengthening ability.Use the mouthwash daily to attain a set of teeth that is not just beautiful but also healthy.
All products are now available at Guardians and Watsons stores.