– note: this is a pure reproduction of the press release I received and is for sharing / informational purposes only. –
THE HEALING POWER OF VASELINE JELLY… IN SECONDS!
No time to slather on body lotions? You will love the new Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturisers that are quick to use and absorb in seconds. All you need to do is spray and go!
One of the biggest drawbacks to body lotions is that they take time to apply and absorb. Introducing a new level of ease to your beauty arsenal – the new Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturiser is a quick, convenient spray lotion that moisturises deeply and absorbs in seconds with microdroplets of Vaseline Jelly.
Perfect for time-starved millennials who want quick and light moisturisation, the spray dispenses lotion quickly and evenly for all-over coverage using only compressed air. No harmful propellants are used.
It can even be applied on hard-to-reach areas, such as the upper back, thanks to the 360-degree continuous spray delivery mechanism. This also boasts an easy-topress twist-lock actuator, and a contoured aluminium can that fits nicely in the hand. In addition, compared with some daily lotions which only provide short-lived relief for dry, itchy skin, Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturisers offer superior yet refreshing moisturisation to provide more substantive and longer-lasting results, keeping skin healed for 3 weeks*, and without leaving a sticky, oily afterfeel.
SPRAY & GO
Have a need for speed? The new Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturisers give you all-over fabulous skin in the blink of an eye. Check out my review here!
JELLY IN A SPRAY
How does skin become dry/damaged?
Daily exposure to environmental agents (like wind, lack of humidity, sun, etc.) can cause the skin’s natural moisture barrier to break down, allowing water to escape the skin. It is this malfunction of the skin’s natural moisture barrier that causes dry skin.
What makes the Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturiser line different than other products in the market?
The new Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturiser range goes beyond the hydration promise of other brands to deeply moisturise to heal dry skin. Each formula contain a specially designed blend of humectants (which draw moisture into skin) along with healing micro-droplets of Vaseline Jelly (which locks the moisture in) at the right balance to deliver on the specific moisturisation needs of any woman.
How does Vaseline Jelly deeply moisturise to heal dry skin?
It locks in moisture by creating an intercellular occlusive layer below the surface of the skin. Semi-solid at room temperature, the product liquefies when it is rubbed, allowing it to penetrate the skin and reform as an effective moisture barrier in the stratum corneum. This unique dry skin healing mechanism is unlike many other ointments and creams on the market that just sit topically (e.g., silicone), or enter and exit the skin too quickly (e.g., mineral oil). Sitting inside the skin, the Vaseline Jelly fills in for the body’s intercellular lipids, which are lost in dry skin conditions, fortifying the skin’s natural moisture barrier. By locking in moisture, Vaseline Jelly creates the ideal conditions known to help with desquamation and the acceleration of the skin’s own natural barrier recovery mechanism.
If nothing locks in moisture like Vaseline Jelly, why should I use the Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturiser?
Vaseline has created a range of products to satisfy a variety of daily skincare needs, and personal sensory preferences. The new Vaseline sprays, with high levels of glycerin, tend to provide faster hydration to relieve dryness without feeling greasy and are appropriate to apply as you’re getting ready in the morning because they will absorb quickly and easily and leave skin smooth. Vaseline Jelly is our original dry skin healer and has applications for treating skin well beyond dryness, but has a specific sensory afterfeel that goes along with an ointment or salve. The Vaseline Jelly and sprays are each suitable for very different consumer expectations, and it is our intention for Vaseline to be there to meet any consumer’s skin care need.
Can you sum up the reasons we should use the Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturisers?
- They are time-savers because they come in an easy-to-use spray format.
- Thanks to the 360-degree continuous spray delivery mechanism, they can even target hard-to-reach areas where you don’t usually apply lotion, such as the upper back.
- They are formulated to enhance your sensorial experience, which means they are refreshing, featherweight, and leave no greasy or oily afterfeel, unlike heavier creams.
- They are also the first Vaseline sprays that contain microdroplets of the miraculous Vaseline Jelly which is well-loved for its curative and moisturising properties.
HOW TO APPLY?
Vaseline sheds more light on the revolutionary Intensive Care Spray Moisturisers that combine the skin-loving goodness of Vaseline Jelly with the speedy efficiency of a spray can
THE ORIGINAL DRY SKIN HEALER
Most body lotions offer immediate hydration for dry skin, but do not treat its underlying cause – a poorly functioning skin protective barrier. That’s why your skin turns dry again once you stop using your cream.
Healed dry skin is not only visibly healthier but stays moisturised for longer. Vaseline Jelly helps you achieve this. Discovered in 1870, it is semi-solid at room temperature but liquefies when applied. This helps it penetrate skin to create an intercellular occlusive barrier.
This barrier forms a strong seal deep within the stratum corneum that traps moisture, making Vaseline Jelly an unmatched salve for scaly, itchy skin.
For the first time in its history, Vaseline has found a way to contain Vaseline Jelly in the new Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturisers. They contain healing micro-droplets of Vaseline Jelly to relieve skin from the very first application.
- Discovered in 1870 by chemist Robert Chesebrough, Vaseline Jelly is the original dry skin healer that sold at the rate of a jar a minute in less than four years of its launch.
- In 1916, with the onset of the first world war, Vaseline Jelly, ideal for healing the sore feet of soldiers in the trenches, was brought to Europe by American soldiers entering the fight. It became so indispensable that American soldiers wrote home to
loved ones requesting more be sent out.
- Triple-purified to be 100 per cent pure and safe, it has many healing and protective uses, and is used to treat diaper rash, chapped skin, cuts, bruises, burns, sores, and sunburn.
- Today, 145 years later, it is still a sought-after salve that effectively locks in moisture to heal dry skin.
- The Food and Drug Administration recognises Vaseline Jelly as an over-the-counter skin protectant and it has been awarded an official seal of acceptance by the National Eczema Association (NEA) in the USA.
QUICK TIP #1
Moisturise twice a day, especially after bathing or showering, to lock in skin’s natural moisture. Most people are unaware of the fact that bathing or showering dries out skin – this is because the water on skin’s surface evaporates rapidly, taking with it skin’s natural moisture.
QUICK TIP #2
Aloe is known for its soothing properties, making it a great ingredient for sunburns, redness, inflammation, cold sores, and wounds. Pack the Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturiser Aloe Soothe in your luggage as a do-it-all saviour for your summer vacay!
QUICK TIP #3
Before bed, spray your hands and feet with Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturiser Dry Skin Repair, then cover them with gloves and socks, letting them soak in the goodness overnight. You will wake up to soft, moisturised, healed skin the next morning!