I’ve always prided myself on being somewhat tech-savvy – I can do some HTML, I coded my previous personal blog down to every single detail (trail of butterflies and falling snowflakes anyone?), and of course, I was always happy (as the resident Web Editor of CLEO) to help the girls out whenever they needed help with their blog posts or anything web-related, and was always doing up their videos and web-initiatives, and even styling and shooting photoshoots. I guess somehow, that’s led to a very lovely mash-up: beauty + tech = beauty blogger? I dunno man, math was never my strongest suit. Hah. Perhaps that also explains why I have so many cameras, portable battery packs, thumbdrives (and of course), beauty products blah blah blah.
In any case, in celebration of Singapore’s 50th birthday this year, I’m gonna attempt something that sounded supposedly easy at first, but turned out to be surprisingly tedious (and would have been worse, had it not been for my Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet).
Now here is where it gets super fun for you guys – I’ll be giving away one Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet , 10″ (worth $599) to one very lucky (and creative reader!). This is very kindly sponsored by Lenovo, who still believes in the old-school spirit of sharing the love 😀
First of all, let me introduce my tablet to you (pay attention nao if you wanna be the lucky one to walk away with your very own Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet worth $599!)
What’s more, since the visuals on the screen can rotate 360 degrees, it works for left-handers too!
…but it also flips out 90 degrees to function as a stand. This is an absolute godsend to me, especially when I’m on my trips and don’t want to give up my movie/Running Man marathons at night – rather than propping my tablet against a pillow (and risk overheating), I simply prop up the stand and I can indulge in stuffing my face (with my all-time favourite combination of super spicy Korean noodles + spam) while watching my shows.
Tech-rave aside, since this involves ProjectRe (i.e. to work and play at the same time using my gadget), I decided to be more productive and put my tablet to better use.
My conceptualised birthday project for Singapore’s 50th birthday (SG50) was to draw a greeting card entirely from makeup items, and then touch it up using the tablet, which totally sounds easy right? NAHHHH.
After several nights of toiling away in both Singapore and Korea (while I was on my Global Beauty Camp trip – like the seamstresses of olden days, working late into the nights hurhurhur. And you know what’s the best part? I didn’t even have to bring my charger along for the entire trip despite such intensive usage – the battery power is astonishing. I didn’t have to charge it for 5 days XOXOX
… and to add a touch of patriotism, I decided to composite in a lion head (trust me, I tried hand-drawing this with lipstick but somehow it looked more like a lion after a major tussle with both Sang Nila Utama and Sir Stamford Raffles).
Sure, I could have done it with my phone, but because I had to crop out carefully the edges, the larger surface of the tablet would give me greater precision when lasso-ing out the outline. After brandishing my fat sausage fingers and editing on the Lenovo Yoga 2… here’s my final product!
And here’s the fun part – you can win for yourself your very own Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 too~!
HOW TO WIN
- Simply design/create/shoot your own visual/video/flipagram using beauty products to celebrate Singapore’s birthday and all that’s unique to our tiny little red dot.
- Let your imagination run free~ there are NO limitations as to what you can do.
- As long as I see beauty + Singapore-related icons (can be the merlion, or something simple like red and white), you qualify!
- Here are some radical ideas – it can be lipsticks cradled in durian shells, 50 red & white items, beauty products arranged into the shape of the crescent moon and 5 stars, eating your favourite chwee kuay using eyeliners as chopsticks, or even a photo of you pretending to be the Merlion spewing out a stream of beauty products (I have no idea how you’re gonna do that)
- Of course, it doesn’t have to be so complicated – it can just be 3 of your favourite red items – everything and anything goes!
- Via email: Send in your entries to email@example.com [if it’s a huge file, please upload it onto YouSendIt or Dropbox and send in the link]. Email header: Beautifulbuns x Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Giveaway. Include your name, age and mobile number please.
- Via Instagram: Follow me (@beautifulbuns_sg) Upload your photos / videos, tag me in the photo, and don’t forget to include the following hashtags: #ProjectRe #beautifulbunsxlenovo #beautifulbunsxSG50 #lenovoSG #SG50
- Via Facebook: Upload your entries and include the following hastags: #ProjectRe #beautifulbunsxlenovo #beautifulbunsxSG50 #lenovoSG #SG50. Please email me your facebook page link (and ensure that your profile is public) with the header: Beautifulbuns x Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 Giveaway with your name, age and mobile number please.
- 22 March 2015, 11.59pm Singapore time
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Unfortunately, this is only open to those residing in Singapore (customs prohibits me from mailing the tablet overseas)
- One (1) winner will be selected by me and contacted via the channel that you submitted your entry via (so please remember to check and reply!)
- Winning entry will be posted onto my IG.
LENOVO YOGA TABLET 2 DETAILS
- The Lenovo Yoga 2 10″ Android tablet (with LTE) features a unique kickstand that adapts to the many ways you use it – watching video, listening to music, playing games, surfing the web, socializing with friends – everything you do! Plus, it features faster processing, ultra-long battery life, big audio, fast LTE connectivity and much more.
- Runs on Android 4.4 Kit Kat
- 32GB ROM, supporting Micro SD cards of up to 64GB
- 1920 x 1200 IPS display in front coupled with two front-facing JBL speakers
- Signature design and innovative multimode kickstand builds on the Lenovo Yoga line’s legacy of versatility: Hold mode for better angles for reading, Tilt mode for easy browsing online, Stand mode for close up content from digital libraries with the improved kickstand, and an all-new Hang mode for when you want to go hands-free
- Lasts up to 18 hours on a single charge
I’m super looking forward to see what you guys can churn out – can’t wait! xoxo
p.s. Many thanks to the beauty brands who enabled me in this project with their kind donations of lipsticks, nail polishes, eyeliners and more xoxo – Laneige, MAC, Maybelline, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Sisley, Lancome, Sephora, Nails Inc.
-UPDATE: 23 March 2015: This giveaway is now closed. I will collate the entries and announce the winner in a couple of weeks’ time. Thank you all for your participation 😀 –