And the lip madness doesn’t stop – here’s another one hauled from back the Land of Kimchi from Mamonde. Now, the impression I have of this brand (before they got Yuri and Choi Siwon as the brand’s faces) is a matronly, modern ajumma type – kinda like the hip lady in her 40s. The brand’s presence isn’t as strong as its sister brands (it’s under the same head company, AmorePacific, along with Laneige, Sulwhasoo, Etude House, Innisfree and more).
Even now with the new faces, I’m still getting a rather mild, gentle-lady vibe from this brand, which is why I was rather surprised to see that they had this lippie in such a bright vibrant colour.
- The Packaging: It’s a simple, easy-to-ease auto-pencil type of lippie – just twist the bottom to push up more product. So far, the cap has stayed on pretty firmly and is still easy to remove (there are some lower-quality caps that either don’t stay on, or stay on too firmly).
- The Scent: There’s a moderate fragrance to the product – something that you’ll notice when you’re applying, but doesn’t stay on long.
- The Application: Because it’s a pencil-type product, it’s easy to apply accurately around the edges of the lips. It can get a little smudgey around the extreme corners simply cos it’s a chubby pencil – I’d advise a lip brush or Qtip for that area.
- The Texture: It glides on smoothly and easily. It is somewhat hydrating (and not the matte finishes), but isn’t hydrating enough to cover some of the chapped lips. It can sort of emphasise on those icky flakes, so make sure to do a lip scrub and/or apply a lip balm before putting this on.
- The Colour: It’s bright, it’s vibrant and it’s poppy – it’s pretty true to what you see in the product itself (some lippies have a different colour payoff). (If you prefer a more natural tint, try Clinique’s Chubby Stick). It lasts pretty long (depending on your eating and drinking times) and fades off into a pale rosy tint. This version (Neon Shine Pink) is supposed to glow under UV light, but seeing that I haven’t had a chance to head to the clubs, I am sadly unable to demonstrate /test it out.
Overall: I like this for its convenience and accuracy in application, but I would have to make sure that my lips are in pristine condition before applying it (cos as you can see, the chapped bits aren’t looking very kissable).