I have a bad habit – I never really apply much skincare onto my neck for maintenance (even though I know it’s just a simple matter of simply extending the hands downwards after applying my night cream). Thankfully, I’m not quite Kimora Lee Simmons when it comes to necklines / neck fat (yet!), but like Xiaxue creeping up onto Gushcloud for a year, I’m pretty sure these lines are just waiting around the corner to pounce on me in due time. With such motivation, I’ve decided to start taking more care of the neck, starting with this product.
For reference: Another product under the same brand called the Skin Age Triple Firming Neck Cream. This version is via prescription only and has a higher efficacy than this version I tried (with the white packaging), but serves as a gauge of how effective their products can be. List of ingredients for this product (blue packaging) can be found here (the page says that its ingredients of neoglucosamine and neocitrate have been clinically proven to plump up the wrinkles and lines through the synthesis of hyaluronic acid and collagen.).
- The Packaging: In terms of design, it’s pretty much a no-frills plain white tube with instructions printed clearly on the back. The tube itself is made of plastic and is a squeezy tube that dispenses product easily with minimum pressure. The flip-open top opens to reveal a hole that is about 3-5mm large.
- The Scent: I love the scent even though I can’t quite identify it – there’s a hint of green apple somewhere (if my nose serves me right). It’s mostly refreshing and doesn’t have any of the overtly floral/fragrant scents.
- The Texture: It’s a white, lightweight cream that spreads smoothly and is easily absorbed. There’s no stickiness nor greasiness – in fact, it actually feels really refreshing on the skin.
- The Aftermath: First of all, I love that it leaves no residue – after massaging it in with your hands, you don’t really need to do the patting motions (as with some other creams) to set it in. Although I wouldn’t say that there’s a miracle, I can definitely see a slight softening of the lines (i.e. less visible), and the skin is smoother and distinctly less plucked-chicken-like. The soft on the neck is softer and surprisingly slightly fairer as well. I’ve also applied this on the decolletage, and I’m glad to report that the same results can be seen.
Overall: I’m actually really pleasantly surprised. I wasn’t really expecting much from this, but I ended up with smoother, less goosepimpled skin as well as an improvement in skin tone. Of course, it’s a plus point that it leaves my skin feeling refreshed and has that wonderful green apple scent. I’m definitely gonna continue using this.
Available at the following selected locations:
- Alexandra Hospital Retail Pharmacy (Level 1)
- Khoo Teck Puat Hospital Retail Pharmacy (Level 1)
- Tan Tock Seng Retail Pharmacy (Basement 2)
- Singapore General Hospital Retail Pharmacy (Block 4 Level 1)