I’ve come to the conclusion that Illi facial products aren’t really fated with me – the Moisture Cleansing Foam had a scent that wasn’t to my liking, and while the Illi Cleansing Foam was alright in terms of scent, it doesn’t really rank among the best facial foams I’ve tried. I guess I’ll just stick with their body products.
But what I love about Korea is that if one brand doesn’t suit you, just hope on over to the next one, so here I present to you – my very first The History Of Whoo product review -cue the drum rolls (and some fat rolls)-
- Packaging: First of all – totally loving the packaging. It comes with a flip-top cap and this means no more dropping it onto sinks and watching it bounce off and gasping in horror while secretly hoping it doesn’t fall into the toilet bowl. Hah.
- The cap also comes with an embossed logo of the brand, which gives it a very nice traditional Korean touch.
- The cap portion also serves as the base, which is surprisingly stable – it hasn’t toppled over once despite my klutziness.
- The tube itself is pretty fat with a generous amount of product, which you can dispense easily by squeezing the body of the tube.
- Consistency: The cleansing foam has a pretty cream-type consistency so it doesn’t drip/flow out.
- There are no micro beads or anything of those sorts in this – it’s pure smooth cleansing foam.
- Although it feels relatively lightweight, I was pretty surprised that this yielded quite a rich lather/foam.
- In fact, a tiny little pearl-sized droplet will give you enough foam for the entire face.
- The lather is rich and doesn’t drip, which also makes it a perfect cleanser to use with the Clarisonic.
- You might need about 5-10 seconds more to rinse it off with water since there’s quite an amount of lather (I kept missing the portions at the hairline and jawline, so watch out for those areas).
- Scent: I love the scent – it’s refreshing with a hint of lemon somewhere, but it’s mixed with some herbs so it doesn’t go all Mama Lemon on you.
- Effects: Once you rinse it off, the immediate effect is a well-cleansed face, with a slight squeaky-clean finish but without your skin feeling too taut.
- I’ve been having some breakouts lately because my previous cleanser was too mild, so this really, really cleared up my skin.
- The breakouts have been cleared (presumably due to more effective cleansing), and the skin looks visibly brighter and more radiant.
- I wouldn’t say that it has done anything for the pore size though.
- Overall: This is definitely one cleanser I’ll be repurchasing – it cleanses well, smells decent, and gives me good skin. Since it also gives such rich lather, it also gives me more mileage for the amount I paid for it. For now, it’s ranking among my top few favourite cleansers along with Belif’s Creamy Cleansing Foam Moist.