I used to think that eyeliners were all that I needed to get that glamourous, night-out look. I guess that was also back when policemen wore shorts. or something. Hah. Boy was I lazy then.These days, I’ve upgraded my look with more eyeshadows (and downgraded my wallet’s contents in the process), simply cos the eyeshadows can create more dimension and depth to the eye socket, especially if they’re the shimmery types (you know, physics, law of light reflecting, bending. blah blah – damn, my science knowledge has all been returned to my teachers).
The caps of each little tub have different motifs, but are all themed after the Cinderella Fairytale (similar to the Snow White Red Apple Lips and Belle Purple Rose Lips)
It has a baked cream-powder consistency, and fall-off is very minimal. You simply have to dab your fingertip (or a sponge tip applicator) into the pot to pick up the colour. It blends very easily because of its consistency (it doesn’t drag or pull on your skin).
— #1 Pink Glass Heels —
- From certain angles, it seems to come across silverish / goldish /pinkish.
- It’s mostly a pearly sheened effect.
- As the colour is rather vivid, those who shy away from bright colours might want to wear this only for the nights.
- Surprisingly, applying multiple layers doesn’t make it pinker – instead, it ups the pearl sheen significantly and you’ll get a lot, a lot of shine.
- Beauty tip: Although I usually apply pink under the eyes to brighten/open up the peepers, I highly recommend applying this only to the top, as a combination of this colour on both the top and bottom can make you look like you got punched.
— #2 Magic Pumpkin —
#2 Magic Pumpkin: Although it comes across as a baked copper colour in the pot, it’s actually a beautiful light peach-orange pearl colour.
- It’s slightly similar to CLIO’s Gelpresso Waterproof Shadow in Shade 3 Hold Me Tight, but this one has a higher pearl sheen factor (vs CLIO’s glitter).
- It’s pretty wearable for day and night, and can be worn alone, or over a light brown base.
- Compared to the other two shades, the sparkle specks of this pot are slightly larger and chunkier, so you can actually notice the specks if you stare long enough.
- Thankfully, the cream-powder consistency minimises the glitter fall-off, as it adheres well to the skin.
— #3 Evening Party —
#3 Evening Party: This hazel-brown colour is gorgeous!
- It’s super wearable for both day and night – just slather on more layers when you’re heading out for a big night.
- One layer yields a very subtle and natural shimmery pearl finish.
- Of the three, this one has the most subtle shimmer.
- Beauty tip: I use this as a base (on the lower portion of the double eyelid), and then apply #3 Magic Pumpkin over the entire eye socket.
These are really affordable eyeshadow pots ($13 each), and are highly pigmented with minimal fall-off. My only wish is that it lacks an applicator, but hey, as long as I have wet wipes and a finger, I shouldn’t be a nit-picker. The pot seems to hold a lot of eyeshadow and should last for a really long time too. Go buy ’em before they run out of these limited edition items! The Princess Happy Ending range also consists of the lipsticks as well as the blushers. Psst: If you haven’t read my exclusive interview with Pony during the opening of Etude House’s largest flagship store in the world, check it out nao!