I’ve always avoided applying eyeshadows cos I have wonky double eyelids – 2 on one side and 3 on the other, which means I have to apply a double eyelid tape on only one eye (which kinda messes up the whole blending thing). But once in a while, I get in the mood, particularly when I find something as gorgeous as these eyeshadow sticks from CLIO.
- It comes in a matte casing pencil packaging, which feels good to the touch, but can be a sweaty-print magnet at times.
- The cap is a click-on, while the gel shadow is dispensed by twisting the bottom portion.
- These are so, so convenient to apply – simply twist, swipe and you’ve got colour.
- The colour pigments are really intense, so you only need 1-2 coats to get the colour you want.
- It’s a soft moist gel formula, which glides on so super smoothly and dries really quickly to set.
- If you run your fingers lightly over it while it’s freshly applied (within 5 seconds), you can smudge it in gently, but then again you can also blend it in gently using the pencil itself.
- Even though I have crazy oily eyelids, they stay on amazingly long before starting to set into the eyelid creases (for at least 6 hours).
- 01 Beer Pong: A sheer and shimmery light pearl-beige that’s great for the inner portions of the eyes.
- 02 Moving Loving: This pearl-pink is perfect for creating aegyo sal.
- 03 Hold Me Tight: Surprisingly, this is the my favourite colour! The red-orange shade has vivid gold iridescent specks (perfect for the entire eyelid!).
- 05 Bottoms Up: A hazel brown that is great for a daily wearable look. To up the ante, I apply this as a base (near the lash line) before applying 03 Hold Me Tight all over it.
- 06 In The Dark: A deep dark grey that’s apt for a smoky look. Perfect for nights out 😀
- Beauty Tip: Contrary to popular belief, most people like you and me can wear orange/pink eyeshadows. Just be sure to apply complementary colours i.e. a brown eyeliner and similar warm-toned colours.
- The sparkles from 03 Hold Me Tight can leave some remnant specks on your skin, so be sure to do a thorough cleanse. I usually use Bioderma Micellar Water followed by the Innisfree Juicy Apple Emulsion and then my usual cleanser (which is the Illi Cleansing Foam at the moment).
I love, love, love these and I’ve been carrying all 5 around with me everywhere since the day I got it. Get yours nao!