I have something to confess: No, no, I’m still awesome 😀 My guilty sin is that I’m not a particularly religious applicator of sunblock, simply cos I use other skincare and makeup products with SPF content. During my morning regime, I use the Sulwhasoo Renodigm Dual Care Cream with SPF30, and my foundation/bb usually has a SPF50 rating. But ever since my ESPA facial (which revealed that I had upcoming spots), I’ve been piling on the sunscreen.
- Now, since my skin has been going cray cray and making a complete 180 from its usual oily-combi state, I decided to give this a trial – something that’s meant for Dry/Combi skin instead.
- It comes in a rather slim bottle measuring 11cm in height (with cap) and 8cm without the cap.
- The nozzle is slim and tapered, and gives good control over your dispensal.
- It doesn’t drip even if you hold it upside down, so this means no leakage unless you’re exerting pressure on the bottle.
- There’s a very faint almost-citrus scent of lemon, but too mild to pinpoint.
- The sunblock is a slightly thick liquid – it spreads and glides across the skin very smoothly.
- It takes a little longer for it to be absorbed (vs the usual suspension/emulsion types that are a little more lightweight) – perhaps 10 seconds more.
- I love the finish – There’s no sticky or greasy after-feel but it leaves my skin feeling slightly more plumped/hydrated (not so dry).
- The skin feels distinctly more bouncy and also cooler to the touch.
- The finish is very slightly glowy, but nothing overly shiny/dewy.
- It somehow helps to hold on to the makeup a little longer than usual, so this is a good plus point.
Overall, it’s a pretty decent sunblock. Even though my skin has somewhat reverted to the usual oily-combi type, this sunblock is still sitting well on my skin and doesn’t run/streak. For those who prefer a slightly more matte finish, try the Fresh version.