Unlike some very genetically blessed people (damnation to you from a very jelly belly here) , I don’t have long lashes. I have something that vaguely resembles lashes, but refuse to curl prettily to give me doll-like peepers. What’s worse is that whenever I do apply mascara, my somewhat half-arsed attempts to remove them at the end of a long day just results in not a Winter Sonata, but an Autumn Tragedy – eyelashes flaking like leaves. Meh.
- FINALLY. An eyelash serum that comes with an applicator that doesn’t feel like I’m using a skewered sea urchin to apply the serum.
- Yes yes, I exaggerate, but you get my gist – most of them are the usual mascara wand-applicators, which means I have to exercise more care when it comes to applying it.
- This Eyelash Queen has a foam-like crescent moon-shaped applicator, so you can use it to apply the serum liberally onto the lashes without jabbing the bejesus outta your eyes.
- The tapered end also aids in applying the lower lashes as well as the outer and inner corners of the eyes.
- There’s no scent to the serum.
- It does sting slightly if you accidentally get some in your eye, so don’t go dousing your (eye)balls.
- Putting it to the test: Before starting, my eyelashes were at 6mm. After several weeks, they had grown to 9mm. YAY! (photos to come soon!)
- The most significant difference is in the length – I wouldn’t say it’s grown thicker though.
- It does seem healthier and eyelash fall isn’t as epic as it normally would be.
- On the downside, it is slightly pricy, especially when you compare it with other serums that work almost as well (i.e Heroine Make Eyelash Serum).
I’m pretty happy with this product and will definitely milk it to the last drop. I’m not sure if I’ll do a repurchase though – the price is just a little high in the skin. Perhaps I’ll just practice being more careful with the other types of eyelash serums and try not to blind myself with the applicator.
Available online from this store as well as at the Lolita Beauty Studio at Marina Link @ Marina Square #B1-12 Singapore [Tel: 6338 9981]