This has been a long, long, nong, nong week for me, and I’ve been clocking about 2-5 hours of sleep every night – I kid you not. Whenever this happens, I find myself collapsed into a heap of what must resemble a clothed hippo at the end of the night, with barely the willpower to shuffle the 5 steps to turn off the lights. Hah.
It’s on nights like these that I slap on these must-have eye masks to prevent me from looking crazed panda and creating panda-monium (geddit hurhurhur) the next morning.
It’s rather thick in terms of its cross section. (Psst: If you like the manicure, I did it with Etude House’s Snow White Nail Kit which comes with the pretty apple decals and 2 nail polishes)
- It comes in a box of 4 pairs (I think! I’ll confirm and update again!).
- Each sachet is individually packed and sealed for convenience and easy carrying around.
- Because there’s a groove in the plastic tray, the eyes masks doesn’t slip and slide inside.
- It smells really really good.
- There is no liquid whatsoever oozing out of the eye mask, so it’s not messy at all.
- The top portion (that comes in contact with your hand) is somewhat fabric-like.
- The bottom portion (that is stuck to the sheet and will go onto your face) is a gel-jelly consistency is pretty much solid and non-liquid.
- It’s a rather thick gel that adheres very very easily to your skin.
- It “sticks” to your skin but is easily removed for readjustment without pulling on the skin at all.
- In fact, I have (many a time) applied it and then fallen asleep with the eye masks on. The next morning (or perhaps in the middle of the night, when I have to visit the loo), I find that they’re still attached in place (albeit a little flattened / dried out).
- Upon application, it feels so, so cool (even without storing it in the fridge prior to usage).
- In terms of efficacy, I won’t say it has miraculous results but it does help brighten the dark undereye area, and also helps to prevent the onset of dark eye circles the next morning (especially after a long day).
- My skin also feels firmer and not so dehydrated.
Besides using this as a home mask / pampering item, I also have one tucked into my passport – it’s a total must-have whenever you’re in dry places, be it a foreign country or on a plane. It’s my saving grace on any plane ride – it always soothes and refreshes my eyes and doesn’t give me that red eye effect after an overnight flight. CNP is coming to Singapore soon, so just wait patiently – you’ll be able to get your hands on these (especially my favourite Anti-Blemish Day) and other CNP Lab products soon! xoxo
p.s.: lemme know what you think of this little tweak I did in my layout (putting my face beside my “I say” section)? Yay or nay?