Somehow, I always start the week with a BB cream / foundation review. I’m not particularly sure why – perhaps it’s because I spend the weekends
luxuriating lumping in my bed as well as applying pampering masks, which puts a bit more of a glow into my skin. And hey, since it’s one of the rare times in the week that I look somewhat decent, I shall unleash the semi-horror upon the world that is my face with no makeup 😀
I can’t remember the price cos I bought it a while back, but I do recall it being a good deal for so many items, so I’d place it at around KRW60,000 onwards for the entire set.
- This comes in rather robust packaging — it stands and balances pretty well on its own at 11cm tall and a cap base.
- The click-top cap opens up to reveal the puff top applicator (see photos above).
- It’s a very handy packaging because if you’re looking to touch up on the go, there’s no need to get your hands dirty.
- Simply squeeze the tube gently and the BB cream will ooze out from the hole in the puff.
- The opening is rather large at 4mm, but because the BB cream is slightly thicker in consistency, there is little risk of overdispensing in a flood.
- The puff is soft and great for large surface area dispensal (such as the cheeks, forehead and chin), but it gets a little iffy around the tinier corners such as the edge of the nose, or even the nose itself. For areas like these, I either use a foundation brush or my fingers.
- Also, I have this mentality that I’m “wasting” the product if I do a puff application, cos a portion of the product will get absorbed into the sponge.
- However, if you apply using the sponge, it will take away some of the “dewiness” for those who prefer a more matte finish (kinda like the excess moisture being sucked into the sponge).
- It has a very mild and faint powdery scent that you probably won’t even notice unless you’re inhaling like a sniffer dog.
- The BB cream is slightly thicker in consistency but still glides onto the skin smoothly.
- It gives a nice dewy effect but I find that my glasses don’t slide down my nose as much as they usually do (with other dewy-type BB creams).
- It’s about 50:50 in terms of dewy:matte finish, and because of this, it’s also rather moisturising (upon first application).
- It covers pretty well – the dark eye circles are sufficiently covered up, about 75% of them.
- Thankfully, there was no oxidisation.
- The oil control is pretty decent as well (about 6.5/10) – I went about 6 hours without having to blot the face.
- The wear time is also not that bad, clocking in at about 6 hours before it started disappearing (noticeable areas were the chin and corners of the nose). In particular, I found the cheek area to be slightly dehydrated as time wore on.
Overall, it’s a pretty functional BB cream to have for days when your skin is feeling a little down or parched. It brightens up the skintone, and adds some moisture. The downside is that it doesn’t perform well with touch-ups – I’m guessing the formula is not buildable. It does have a decent wear time though, so I would probably just dab on a little touch-up using my BB cushions.