Like any beauty junkie (or nutjob, if you must), I usually coo and pat and caress (somewhat creepily) my newly-purchased beauty products for a month or so before opening them for actual usage. But hey, since you asked (on IG), you shall receive – behold the review for Etude House’s Stay Up Foundation! You may now proceed to call me the beauty blogger genie! Or beanie? Teenie? Weenie? Whatever rocks your socks muahaha.
When I barged into Etude House in Korea in search of my current favourite, the Skin Fit Foundation, I was horrified to find out that they had ceased production of that item. Omg. The HORROR. What will my face use?!
- The staff then recommended me to try this one – this relatively unassuming midget of a bottle.
- The stubby little bottle measures about 8.5cm (including the cap). If you exclude that, the portion that actually holds the foundation is only 5.5cm. At KRW13,000 (25g), the price is pretty similar to Innisfree’s Smart Foundation that costs KRW5,500 for 15ml (approx 15g).
- It has a very faint powdery scent, which I love – baby scent always smells gooooood. It’s not overwhelming and floats around your nose for several minutes, creating that nice fragrant aura.
- The foundation is rather lightweight and spreads/blends easily.
- It’s a good blend of glowy-matte finish – I’d say 50:50.
- The coverage is pretty decent – I’d give it a 6.9/10. It covers most major blemishes and not-so-severe dark undereye circles.
- The wear time clocks about 5 hours or so – not particularly strong but not the weakest either.
- Its sebum control is also moderate – the facial sebum started coming out to say hello after 4 hours.
- Thankfully, it doesn’t oxidise. I really am very happy whenever I find such products, cos walking around with patchy splotches on my face isn’t that pretty a sight.
- If you’re in an airconditioned environment for an extended period of time, you may find slight caking around the corners of the nose and other drier parts of your face though.
- After a long day(about 6 hours or more), it sort of melts away, so you might want to keep a BB cushion at hand for touch-ups.
- Because it’s quite lightweight, it’s rather easy to remove at the end of the day without having
Overall, I do like this foundation. It’s not as good as the Skin-Fit Foundation in terms of the wear time and sebum control, but it’s still something I’d use for a medium-wear time, or days when I have to go for a facial trial and then reapply my makeup after.