I have some rather irrepressible quirks (or some might call a bad habit) of fidgeting with less-than-perfect nail manicures. As long as there’s a single chip, or signs of some portion being lifted, I go into a whole I-must-remove-them-nao-nao-nao mode.
Now it can be easy with normal nail polish, but when it comes to gel nails, you know that’s impossible. I had my very first gel nails done by Kiyone+Lim (which I LOVE and highly recommend if you’re looking for something with really intricate details – Japanese people are so, so, so meticulous), but once it started to lift, I had to get rid of it by peeling… but everyone knows that peeling gel nails is a big no-no. In fact, I’d call it a big no-no-oh-hell-no!
I ended up with very badly damaged nails (with seemingly scraped surface), and of course, I panicked and dug around in my stash to unearth this.
A small handy-sized tube
That aside, check the base of the nail – it goes from dry to hydrated.
- I love that it comes in a handy-sized packaging that’s great for carrying around – given the state of my nails, I needed to constantly apply this. Meh.
- It’s also great for travels – for some strange reason, I always find that my nails always chip/break, or get extremely dry during my travels.
- It smells somewhat herbal-minty, which I love. It’s really refreshing and doesn’t overwhelm the senses.
- The cream is also very easily absorbed, and leaves absolutely no residue. There’s no sticky or greasy feeling and I can immediately try to open a bottle / door knob without any slipping.
- My nails/cuticles feel instantly moisturised and more hydrated.
- The scraped-off/peeled-off portions instantly disappeared (due to more hydration), but it will resurface again once my nails get drier. (Sorry, no photos cos I currently have a nail polish on it).
Overall, this has SAVED my nails, so I highly recommend this to all. Granted, it’s a bit pricey, but it’s really worth it. Plus, just a little goes a long way, so it’ll last quite a while 😀