I recently went for a facial and was told something that I already knew – “You have quite a number of millia seeds under your eyes!” Ah well. Depressing much? REALITY SUCKS I DONCH WANNA FACE ITTTTT.
Hysterical bitch fit aside, I know that the cause of millia seed is an overly-rich eye cream, which was probably caused by my over-enthusiastic application of cream in my youth. These days, I’ve toned it down slightly and am only limiting it to 4 eye products (yes, 4,compared to 8-10 previously) – Sulwhasoo Snowise Eye Treatment (for brightening the undereye area), Hera Waterin Roll-On Eye Serum (for hydration), Sulwhasoo Extra Refining Eye Cream (for firming and anti-ageing) and The Body Shop Drops of Youth for an all-in-one. And no, I don’t apply them all at one shot – I rotate on a daily basis 😀
- I love the packaging – it’s a handy-sized tube measuring about 11.5cm in total (height), and its perfectly into the palm of your hand (somewhat like a lipstick).
- I also love the rollerball applicator (similar to Hera’s Waterin Serum), which takes away the need for hands-on application. You simply dispense a bit and roll (in an 8-figure if you wish) under the eye.
- To dispense the eye serum, press down gently – now here’s the tricky part. If you press down too hard (i.e. pressing it down as far as it goes), you will end up with a huge glob of serum that’s too much for one application.
- Instead, I recommend pressing it very, very gently – about 1-2mm down. Once you see a bit of the eye serum coming out, you’re good. That amount is enough for a one-time, one-eye application, that doesn’t require cleaning with a tissue to remove the residue.
- There’s not much of a scent to the Eye serum.
- I do love the fact that the rollerball gives both a massaging and refreshing cooling effect. It’s great for mornings when you’re in zombie mode – this will totally wake you up.
- The eye serum doesn’t take long to be absorbed, and also leaves no residual feeling (not sticky, not oily, not greasy).
- Instead, my skin actually feels slightly taut (not tight) after applying.
- After several weeks of testing, I (thankfully) haven not seen any extra millia seeds.
- The undereye area is also seemingly more hydrated.
- In terms of decreasing the severity of the dark eye circles -I did see a slight difference, but ever, ever, ever so slight. I suspect other people might see better results, since I have extremely irregular sleeping hours due to my job.
- The skin also feels slightly smoother and softer , vs the other eye that I didn’t apply on.
Overall, I’m actually pleasantly surprised by this product – I would definitely continue using it. If you’re looking for a good eye serum to help hydrate the dry skin, or to prevent the signs of age from coming on, I’d recommend this as a good starter item.