A couple of days ago, I had a visit with SkinLab the Medical Spa, and the doctor told me that I was lucky to have what everyone wanted these days – aegyo sal (aka the puffy portions under the eyes). For those of you who want this but are adverse to drinking 1 litre of water before you sleep every night (so that you end up with sufficiently puffed-up eyebags), I recommend using the good ole’ go-to method – makeup.
- I love glitter eyeliners – it’s doesn’t matter if you’re a fierce liner chick or a dreamy lovely girl-next-door type – glitter liners will always brighten up your undereye area.
- It comes in your usual twist-cap tube.
- The brush tip is soft and pliable, and doesn’t poke into your skin or your eyes.
- The glitter specks are more of a pearly shimmer (rather than the blinged up sparkles), so it doesn’t go too OTT with the light reflection.
- Beauty tip: Apply to the lower lashline, at the inner corners of the eyes to brighten up your overall outlook.
- For a more natural look (daytime), pick the Baby Pink one.
- For more bling during the night, pick the Nude Beige one.
- In all honesty, there’s only a subtle difference between the two, so as long as it rocks your boat, you can pick any one.
- It dries pretty quickly upon application, and lasts quite a long time (say, 6 hours or so, if you discount any eye-rubbing).
- It’s also pretty easily and quickly removed without any remnant – you know you’ve encountered some glitter product that leaves specks all over your face even after multiple cleansing sessions.
- Now this is said to contain hyaluronic acid for skin moisturising benefits – I’m not complaining. After all, if i’m gonna be putting something artificial on my face for hours, I might as well get the added benefits right?
Overall, it’s a good budget item to have in your stash, especially for touch-ups on the go. I find that one of the best ways to brighten and freshen up your look at the end of a work day is by using something like this – a shimmer / glitter pen under the eye. Trust me on this one – the vain pot tells no lies. hahah.