Last week was a cray cray week for me – I had things to attend to everyday, and my normal snooze-and-lump day on Sunday was not spared, as I had to attend a beauty workshop by Panasonic. Now since my face was gonna be up for public viewing, I of course had to pile on the war paint and makeup, and this meant that I had to put even more effort into removal at the end of the day (which was a colossal effort, considering I barely shift 10cm away from the bed on weekends). hah.
Anyhoos, this meant that my cleanser had to pull a double duty and step up to the plate (of dirt and grime). Coincidentally, I happened to have changed my cleanser recently, so there’s no better time than now to put it to the test.
- First of all, I’m not particularly pleased with the screw-open cap – I wash my face in the shower and also at the sink, so fingers can get wet and slippery.
- That said, the big cap does provide a pretty large and stable base for the tube.
- There’s a very slightl scent to the cleanser.
- The foam is really light and fluffy (even without lathering up) – kinda like about-t0-melt marshmellow.
- Note: don’t add too much water to the foam – instead, I prefer to just dampen my hands and then squeeze out the foam and work it into a lather.
- This isn’t very strong in the lather section – even without a lot of water, I find that the lather is rather lacking. I like it thick (the foam I mean, gutter minds all of youuuu hurhurhur).
- If you add too much water, it can get a little watery and drippy too.
- The recommended usage amount is 2-3cm of product, which is 2x what I’d need for the Hanyul Cleansing foam. This means the SK-II cleanser is gonna run out much faster… hmmm. Wallet, say bye to moneh.
- If you’re using a Clarisonic, it doesn’t do very well with this cleanser. I’d highly recommend Hanyul’s Artemisia Cleansing Foam which generates a lot of lather with just a little bit of product.
- That aside, it really does live up to its name of being a gentle cleanser.
- It doesn’t strip your face of moisture and leaves it sufficiently hydrated.
- I love that my skin is significantly softer and smoother after cleansing.
- There’s a slight increase in skin bounciness – boing boing-
- I haven’t had any outbreaks to this product.
- It doesn’t seem to have any impact on reducing pore size (but then again, I’ve done the OPT treatment by Lumenis which worked wonders on shrinking my pores), so I’m fine with it.
Overall, a cleanser that’s good for days when you don’t have much grime to remove, or when your skin’s feeling a little sensitive or dry, or you know what – even when you’re in need of a little facial pampering. Nobody ever said that cleansing can’t be a pampering treat.