When I first started out as a fledgling overly- enthusiastic writer for my first magazine, I would eagerly attend all the workshops and events, trying to soak up all the information like a sponge. Turns out I didn’t soak up as much as I wanted to – I remember one scientist telling me that anti-ageing care should start from 25 (yes, that early!), but I shrugged it off and thought my fats could pass off as collagen in the skin.
But now I regret, especially after SK-II’s Magic Ring test showed that my skin’s firmness is 39% (omg, that’s totally a fail grade). Of course, being your typical Singaporean, I panicked. These days, I am piling on the anti-ageing products as if I’m a cement wall-tiler. (which may be counter-productive), so it’s essential that you pick the correct products for maximum efficacy.
One of the reasons why I procrastinated in applying skin firming products was the misconception that firming or anti-ageing products were thick and icky.
- Although back then it might have been true, but technology and inventions have changed much. These days, their consistencies are so lightweight, such as this one.
- It comes in a lightweight plastic bottle with a pump delivery system.
- The scent is slightly herbal without being overpowering.
- Surprisingly, it’s a slightly milky liquid that isn’t too thick in consistency – in fact, I’d classify it as being more watery.
- It’s really easily absorbed without leaving any residue.
- There’s no stingy /prickly sensation whatsoever.
- My skin feels refreshed after application, and also feels more moisturised.
- Since it doesn’t take much time to set, I can pile on my Hanyul Seo Ri Tae Anti Ageing Cream almost immediately.
To be really honest, I haven’t seen any improvement in my skin texture after using this, but then again, if I wanted the results to be so immediate, I would have gone for Botox. Anti-ageing skincare takes some time to show its effect, and is a long-term investment. Just think… when you’re 45 and looking 35, you can ask the rest of ’em to suck ittttt.
Skincare tip: Apply your skincare upwards and backwards (towards your temples and ears) as a gentle anti-ageing massage.