Since I’m ball-less (literally and figuratively), I couldn’t bring myself to do any invasive treatments (not even fillers), so instead of that, I decided that I would go try out facial treatment services at CNP Skin Laser Clinic / CNP Skin Clinic upon the recommendation of my Korean girlfriend. It turned out to be so good that I went forth and bought a truckload of their skincare products.
The above photo taken from here.
There are two version of this – one for the day and one for the night. My Korean girlfriend told me that this was really good, so yes, I’m that easily influenced.
- It comes it a little eensy weeny tiny tube – total height is about 7.5cm, but the portion containing the serum is only 3.5cm.
- It smells very herbal, slightly tea tree oil with a hint of minty eucalyptus somewhere.
- It’s a yellow-tinged liquid that’s slightly viscous.
- The applicator is attached to the screw-open cap, and is a flexible rubber rectangle-shaped tip.
- It’s really handy for application, and I love that it isn’t absorbent – so that I know I’m actually applying the anti-blemish instead of picking up goo from my face.
- It’s quite quickly absorbed and doesn’t leave any residue.
- I would categorise this as the “ripening” type of anti-blemish (similar to the Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot and the La Roche-Posay Effaclar A.I.). After applying, I know I’ll be able to see the pus-filled mountain the next day, and then it’ll be gone in a day or two.
- To treat the red and swollen types of spots, I kinda prefer these “ripening” types cos this means the icky stuff inside (i.e. the head of the pimple) is expelled, versus those that shrink the spot (i.e. Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care which is better suitable for small blemishes), thus leaving the head of the pimple inside my skin.
- It doesn’t dry the skin out much – even though I liberally apply it on my jawline when it’s the time of the month and my hormones go into overdrive, I do not see any peeling or flaking skin.
- It also doesn’t cake up if I pile it on.
- Even though it says it’s for Day, I still apply it day and night. I don’t think it really makes a difference (that, and because I didn’t buy the Night version hohoho). I’m thinking it’s labelled for Day cos of its transparent formula.
- When I’m home in the day, I apply it with the spot patch, and see a reduction in redness and swelling. I wouldn’t recommend that you apply the spot outdoors though. Just let your skin breath for expedited recovery.
- Overall, really happy with this product, so much that I’m planning to stock up on at least 3 tubes the next time I go to Korea.
You can buy this from Korea at CNP Skin Clinic branches (but not tax refunds) or from Olive Young outlets (tax refunds available if you hit the minimum KRW30,000 purchase).