To some people, “take it alllll off baybeh” could conjur images of some stuff that has a PG rating. (hurhurhur gutter mind). To me, it reminds me of my nose. And its accompanying blackheads. And how it’s time for me to take them all off.
Yes yes, I know that the Kao Biore Pore pack strips are abrasive and bad for my skin. But seriously, who doesn’t get that awesome thrill outta seeing the harvest of icky little black/whiteheads? I guess I try to make some sort of amends for this guilty little pleasure by applying pore-tightening products after.
Here’s the official spiel for the Green Persimmon Pore range of products:
- Formulated with green persimmon to help tighten and minimize enlarged pores as it controls excessive sebum.
- The other key ingredient is its green complex ( Jeju green tea, citrus, prickly pear/cactus fruit, camellia leaf & orchid).
- The products are all housed in containers that produce low carbon and are recyclable.
- They are free of artificial color, artificial scent, animal ingredients and mineral oil.
Photo taken from here cos I forgot to take a photo of my own heh.
- You’re supposed to store this in the fridge to enhance the efficacy of the pore pads. This is definitely a must in my country, considering the fact that Singapore averages 30 degrees celsius these days ugh.
- Once it’s cool enough, you’ll know, simply from the little logo outside the box that’ll change colour – props up for the packaging ingenuity.
- I also love that it comes with a
- It smells fruity, which is one of the reasons I bought it. I like me some fruits.
- Remove pad from the container using the little plastic tong (to maintain the integrity of the pads that are still in the container) and apply to face for 10 seconds.
- I prefer to leave it on until the liquid evaporates just the make the most of my money.
- The Pore Pad is made of thin porous material, and is thinner than the Origins Brightening Peel that I used to use.
- It measures about 5-6cm in diameter and can be applied to any portion of your face.
- It’s perfect for the cheeks, but doesn’t sit so well if you’re gonna place it on your nose. I usually take 2 pads for the nose (left and right).
- When applied, there’s no prickly tingly sensation like the Origins one, but instead, there’s a cooling sensation to the skin (like duh right, considering it just came out from the fridge).
- Since it’s cold, it will to a certain extent “tighten” your pores cos it’s working in tandem with the laws of physics – cold = shrink, hot = expand.
- However, I’m not so sure that there’s a long-lasting effect – perhaps an eensy weensy 5% decrease in pore size? I’ve heard of some others who’ve seen effects though.
- There’s no sticky or greasy after-feel. You’re supposed to apply some toner after this, but I just let it sit for a bit before embarking on my entire skincare regime.
- To see a more visible decrease in pore size, you can try the Derma RX Comedone Formula or the Vichy Normaderm Tri-Activ Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care.
- For daily cleansing, I highly advocate using a cleansing gadget like the Clarisonic Aria, because it really really makes a huge difference.
- Don’t forget to also exfoliating 2x a week to remove surface dead skin cells, dirt and grime that may be clogging your pores. I’d recommend Dermalogica Daily Microexfoliant for this.
- Another weekly treat would be Kiehl’s Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque.
For KRW15,000, it’s not pricey, smells pretty good and is worth a try if your pores aren’t in dire straits. Or if you want to cool your skin down after a particularly sweltering day outdoors.