Back in my youth, I was wearing jeans (zomg, my heat tolerance and ability to squirm and writhe my way into those ridiculously-tight skinnies back then was amayzzing), a singlet and -gasp- minimal eyeliner with just two-way cake. My skincare regime was almost non-existent – I think I did some facial cleansing, slapped on some cream and was done. I would upload a photo for public mockery if I had any, but back then, digital cameras weren’t cheap at almost 1.2k each, and phone cameras were an awesome 1.4megapixels. Seriously, I kid you not – my phone actually had a physical keypad. Tells you much about my age doesn’t it?
Anyhoos, the point to my entire gibberish verbal diarrhea is that skincare is essential and you haz to start from young. I was lucky enough to have my mom force-feeding (my skin) good products such as Clarins, Origins and Chanel from young, which probably explains my inane obsession about skincare these days. Since I’m currently crazy about Hanyul, you, my poor unsuspecting readers, will be subject to the wrath of my insanity – here’s yet another review on a Hanyul product 😀
The Goddess herself, Jeon Ji Hyun fronting the poster for the Skin Essential range, which includes the Softner as well
Once upon a time, I pooh-poohed the use of toner cos I thought it was a lame marketing trick. I’ve since eaten my words and gone back on the toner / treatment essence bandwagon. And you know what? My larger-than-life size is prolly due to the face that I’ve had to eat my words again – I didn’t care much about emulsions until recently. Sigh. Must. Stop. Eating.
- Anyhoos, this comes in the usual -yawn- heavy glass bottle that doesn’t faze me anymore. I’m only worried that my 26-year-old dressing table may not be able to take the combined weight of the Hanyul Essential Skin Softner, The Face Shop Smim Total Concentrate, Sulwhasoo Essential Luminature Finisher and about 100 other bottles / tubs of skincare sitting on it.
- There’s a click-close cap and a pump delivery system for hygiene purposes.
- One pump dispenses the exact appropriate amount for mah face.
- The scent is the usual Hanyul herbal scent and is relatively therapeutic.
- It is medium-to-lightweight and is easily absorbed by the skin.
- I notice an obvious increase in hydration levels as well as the skin becoming instantly softer and smoother – I kid you not. Even my fingers which are used to apply the emulsion are significantly softer (as compared with the other hand). I was quite amazed.
- I’m not sure if it’s because it’s used in conjunction with the Skin Softner and Artemesia Cleansing Foam, but my skin has become smoother. The texture seems finer (extending the shelf life of my amayyyyzing Facial Treatment at CNP Skin Clinic, review to come soon!)
- Quite obviously, I’ve had no breakouts whatsoever, and I even believe that it’s one of the products holding my skin in check despite the crazy heatwave recently. (my android phone says that the real feel temperature is 42 degrees celsius. kill me nao.)
I am loving, loving this product so far and I strongly encourage you to get one, or two or three if your shopping bag can handle it. 😀