Although I will never (in this lifetime) be a DJ and pretend to live spin music whilst just pressing “play” on a pre-recorded track and waving mah hands in the air like I just don’ care, I still managed to accommodate requests – for product reviews that is. By popular request, here’s a review on the Long Lasting variation of Innisfree’s Smart Foundation that I bought last month in Korea, vs the Perfect Cover version I reviewed last week.
When compared with the Perfect Cover version – you can see that the Perfect Cover does (as its name implies) indeed give more coverage.
You likey my lip colour? It’s the new K-Secret Cushion Tint in Strawberry Pink (check out my review here!)
Bear with me while I sound like a broken recorder – most of my comments on this will be similar to the Perfect Cover one.
- It comes in a tiny little tube measuring about 10-11cm including the cap.
- It is priced at a very affordable KRW5,500.
- The rationale for this is supposedly so that you can afford to buy and mix and match any of the 5 types (Super Moisture, Water Balancing, Perfect Cover, Long Lasting and Makeup Blender) to achieve the kind of effect you want. I.e your skin is feeling slightly dehydrated but you still need coverage, so you do Water Balancing + Perfect Cover. Well, that’s what popular (and ridiculously pretty) Korean makeup blogger Pony advocates anyway.
- It’s convenient for carrying around (in the case that you’re not mixing them).
- There’s a similar herbal scent to the product (as with the Perfect Cover).
- Texture-wise, it’s pretty smooth – easy to apply, glides on smoothly and doesn’t tug or pull on your skin.
- It gives pretty decent coverage (but less than the Perfect Cover) and brightens up my skin tone. I’m using shade 13 for both.
- I still needed concealer for my dark eye circles though.
- The finish is slightly more matte than dewy, but you can see a certain glow to the skin.
- However, it doesn’t really last as long as I expected it to – after about only 4 hours, it began making BFFs with my facial sebum and werking up an ultimate melt-off. I was kinda expecting a 6-8 hour long-wear session similar to Too Cool for School’s After School Lunchbox BB.
If I had to pick, I’d take this over the 3CE Liquid Foundation and Hanyul’s BB Cream simply because it has a more matte effect and the other two are much more dewy (In this crazy humidity of 84% these days, I don’t really need that extra shine to my face). But if I had to pick, I’d take the Perfect Cover version over this one.