After 5 years of quarterly shopping binges in Korea, I’ve noticed that the level of service in Innisfree Korea is going down, down, down. Well, this is of the larger shops in Myeongdong anyway – they are abhorrently unfriendly, brusque in replies, and dispense samples as though there was gold in there. It’s such a pity though – Innisfree really has great products. I do hope this is not the same for all their stores -fingers crossed- Anyways, here’s something I managed to purchase despite the terrible unhelpful answers and rude tone that I received from some of their staff.
Now this foundation was specifically packaged to be a tiny little bugger, so that you could pick and choose and even blend various types to get the effect you wanted. It comes in 4 variations – Super Moisture, Water Balancing, Perfect Cover and Long Lasting. The last one is the Make Up Blender aka primer / base.
- It comes in a compact tiny little tube which is convenient for carrying around, but the size wasn’t created so for that reason. Instead, it was because there are several variations, you can buy 1, or all, and use it separately or blend them together to get the desired effect. Famous Korean makeup blogger Pony does this too 😀
- I say this is a genius marketing strategy – because yes, we all have different types of skin, and because there are suckers like me who will buy all.
- What’s more, it won’t break your bank cos it costs KRW5,500 each. If you buy all 4, you’ll only be spending KRW22,000, which is essentially the same price as 1 full-sized foundation / bb from any other mass brand.
- There’s a slight herbal scent to the product.
- A little droplet goes a long way – as the name says, this is really perfect cover.
- Coverage factor is really strong, and it even helps conceal some of my dark eye circles and blemish scars. I still needed a light layer of concealer to complete my look though.
- It also brightens up your skintone, and has good staying power, lasting up to 4-5ish hours before melting.
- The finish is mostly matte with a touch of dewiness – I’d say a 80 matte:20 dewy ratio.
- The oil control factor isn’t super strong but it’s decent enough. I’m still not leaving home without my oil blotters (yes I acknowledge the fact that it’s not the best thing for my skin.. but.. I really do hate facial oil).
Damn. I now wish they hadn’t packaged it into such a small packaging – cos now I’m worried I’ll run out of it. It’s a decent runner-up to the Too Cool For School After School BB Foundation Lunch Box – I’d recommend using the Innisfree Smart Foundation Perfect Cover for days when you’ll be out meeting important (or good-looking people with ridiculously flawless skin) and don’t wanna have your makeup melting or fading away before the 4 hours are up.
P.S. Check out my review on the Long Lasting version here.