Lips are allll the rage in Korea these days – I kid you not. Everywhere I went, I saw very prettily made-up lips that were such a flush tone of red. Plus, they were so well moisturised. I’m so jelly much.
Since I’m such an easily influenced sucker, I of course also went with the flow and bought a whole truckload of lip products. However, as deluded as I am in thinking that I can become Cheon Song Yi, I’m also realistic enough to know that my lips are dry and require more work before I can attempt to pucker up to my Do Manager. Here’s something that caught my eye – a new launch from Laneige heheh.
- It comes in a simple, square tube with rounded corners that makes for easier opening as well as prevents it from rolling off any uneven surface.
- It has a mild scent that disappears soon after application – not fussed about it.
- The applicator is soft and flexible enough to paint around the corners and the cupid’s bow. I love that it doesn’t bristle against my dry chapped lips.
- However, what I really love about this is its effect – it really does give a wonderful glossy effect and really, really moisturises my lips. You can see how different my lips look before and after.
- The finish is glossy, a 180-degree difference from the Etude House Colour Lips-Fit, which gives a matte finish.
- The colour payout is pretty decent – on hindsight, I really should have gotten the brighter shades, doncha think? The Rose Mauve is a natural red-pink that can be worn to office or school.
- Once it wears off, I love that it keeps my lips moisturised and has a slight rosy tint.
- It doesn’t feel like you’re wearing nothing, but it does feel really lightweight and non-sticky.
- To get the effect in the photos above (from Laneige), you’ll have to reapply once every 2-3 hours (depending on whether you’re pigging out like me constantly, or living on air like a supermodel).
- In essence, this is kinda like a water-based tinted lip balm (with a sheer glossy finish), vs the Laneige K-Secret Cushion Tint which is somewhat like a moisturising lip crayon (which has a richer colour)
Overall, I yam really happy to have found this product, cos now I am 10% closer to becoming Cheon Song Yi – it gives me moisturised lips with a nice touch of pink and takes away my chapped lips. Maybe now I can walk around with pursed lips looking for my ideal alien (if I don’t get smacked in the face with a purse first). It should be launched in Singapore pretty soon, by May methinks?