Whenever I write a blog entry (or an editorial article for that matter), I can almost hear my own voice in my head. In this case, I can’t help but sound a bit like the cliched fella on comedies – it’s a bird, it’s a plane, no it’s Superman! What’s today’s blog review about? It’s a BB, it’s an essence, no, it’s a whitening essence BB! -cue teleprompter and fake audience applause- Yayyyy.
I received this at an exclusive preview of Sulwhasoo’s newest launches for Singapore several months back, and I didn’t open it till recently (when I had to clear stock of my beauty stuff to make space for my newest hauls from Korea). Essentially, 46% of this product consists of Sulwhasoo’s star product, the Snowise Whitening Essence, which makes this more of a tinted serum than an actual bb cream.
Lips from 3CE Lip Color Original in 408 Chu Chu -smooches-
Haven’t you missed mah faceeee? No? Oh well, at least I tried. hoho. This BB cream is said to block UV rays and infra-red rays, prevent pigmentation and glycation, and reduce skin dullness. Let’s put dees to the test!
- Packaging-wise, this comes in a handy squeezy small tube that’s easy to carry around.
- The twist-open cap serves as a stable base cos it’s slightly weighted, and doesn’t topple over easily.
- There’s a vague herbal scent that’s similar to the Snowise Whitening Serum (which I suppose is a prerequisite, since 46% of it is made up of the actual Whitening Serum and therefore explains the name Essence BB).
- Since the brand manager had told me (oh so enticingly) that almost half of the product consists of the same formula as the whitening serum, I was kind of expecting a sheer natural finish since it’s not a “real” bb cream per se.
- However, look at mah face – that’s just one layer of the Essence BB applied. You can barely see any of the recent outbreak scars I’ve had.
- It glides on smoothly and took about 10 seconds more than my usual BB to set. I suppose this is due to the serum base. Just leave it be and it’ll set in on its own.
- When freshly applied, it seems to give a dewy finish, but once it settles into your skin, it’ll give a slightly matte finish with just a tinge of dewiness.
- It brightens up my skintone and gives a decent amount of coverage.
- As you can see, it also minimised the appearance of my pores. Yay I’m a happy gurl.
- Even though I’ve got combi-oily skin, this stayed on surprisingly long and didn’t oxidise that soon – I clocked about 6 hours of wear on this. If you’re headed for a big night out, I’d recommend something else with longer-staying power. Otherwise, this makes for a good office-day or weekend BB cream.
- The coverage factor isn’t high enough to cover my dark eye circles though, so I had to apply my usual IOPE Dual Concealer.
Overall, it’s a pretty damn decent product – it gives decent coverage that’s great for days when you’ve overslept for work/school but still wanna waltz in looking like you own ittttt. Since it also doubles up as a skincare serum, it’s a total steal for a 2-in-1. Buy it naoooo.