I first heard of this product at the Snowise EX Launch sometime back, but I never had the excuse to buy it cos I have an almost-full tub of the very-expensive Sulwhasoo Extra Refining Eye Cream still waiting to be finished. Thankfully, all Sulwhasoo items have a method of finding their way to me, so now, I declare myself the proud owner of dees fancy little tube.
I’ve noticed that for the rest of the face, applying with gentle warmth feels much better, the same doesn’t apply for the eyes (well, on a personal basis). It’s totally Eyes Eyes Baybeh for me – I like it colddd.
- It comes in a squeezy tube that dispenses the Eye cream through a hole in the metal tip applicator.
- The metal is made of Zamak and cools your skin to the touch.
- The tip is slanted and angled, and you can apply it with the flat surface.
- The use of this does not require any finger-face contact, which is handy.
- It is somewhat hygienic though – I say somewhat, because my OCD side is slightly icky about backflow of germs into the tube (via the little hole)
- When applying, squeeze out eye treatment, release the pressure on the tube and leave about 0.5-0.75cm remaining on the applicator tip before you start applying. This will ensure that you have enough cream to prevent pulling of the skin.
- Go in slow sweeping motions across the bottom of the eye, and I usually finish with soft patting motions. Sometimes, I wave it around in the air like I just don’t care so that it gets cooler (since it does tend to absorb body heat and get warmer with usage).
- I applied it on my left eye for 2 weeks, and guess what? I noticed a significant brightening in the colour tone. I went from Grandfather Panda to Granddaughter Panda. Granted, it doesn’t remove all dark circles completely, but a change in the intensity of the black (or blue-black-purple) is a good start.
- There’s also increase in hydration levels, and my skin looks slightly firmer.
- Thankfully, I also haven’t seen any increase in milia seeds.
Overall, a good alternative to my Hera Waterin Roll-On Eye Serum and a pretty decent eye cream. I guess you can’t really go wrong with Sulwhasoo 😀