Professor Do came from the Stars, while I must come from the Land of Ultimate Suckers. I mean, all it takes is Jeon Jihyun looking half-dead from appendicitis pain while slathering on some skincare and I’m hurling my moneh at Hanyul already.
If you’re from the Land of Don’t Watch Korean Dramas, You Who Came From The Stars is the latest and hugest hit from Korea. It stars Kim Soo Hyun (squeal!) and Jeon Ji Hyun (swoons) and it’s pretty damn awesome. What’s more awesome is Jeon Ji Hyun’s star appeal – essentially, everything she’s been seen using has flown off the shelf in Korea. Even the YSL lipstick that dropped out of her bag (and it was never even filmed) has sold out in Asia. Insane in the membraneeeee.
Because Jeon Jihyun is the face of Hanyul, and because I love her, I therefore now transfer my love onto Hanyul. hohoho.
I’d actually wanted to save the blog post for when I go to Korea this week (yes yes, again, I know), but I decided that I just had to share the love with everybardy.
- It comes in a rather fat rounded-edged bottle with a pump dispenser.
- One pump is enough for half my face (fine, so I
sometimesindulge myself by overly slathering).
- The Optimizing Serum is essentially a skin booster, similar to Sulwhasoo’s First Care Serum. You apply it to freshly-cleansed face before your toner.
- It’s a light brown liquid (more liquid than gel).
- This is slightly more watery than Sulwhasoo’s First Care Serum and Hera’s Preperfection Serum, but also has a very herbal scent. In fact, it smells more herbal than the First Care Serum – I think I detect some red ginseng.
- It’s really, really quickly absorbed and leaves no residue.
- It leaves my skin feeling instantly hydrated but without the heavy clogged-up fewling.
- I’ve been using it for about 2-3 weeks and I really, really love it.
- I’ve had no breakouts (possibly due to its anti-inflammatory qualities), unlike the Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum which I can’t use 😦 . Plus, it really calms my skin down.
- My skin is looking clearer and more radiant. Oh and it’s also smoooother. Touch it good baybehhh.
- Because it disappears so quickly into my skin (as quickly as potato chips into my bro’s tummy), it’s perfecto for application during the day before you pile on the makeup, as it’ll stop makeup from doing the slip and slide.
I’ve already got this down in my shopping list for this weekend, and I’m looking to cart back at least 2 bottles of this baby, if not more. I’m also looking to bring home its papa, mama, cousin, fifth uncle – time to start browsing their website. In fact, this Optimizing Serum might even have usurped Sulwhasoo’s Throne in my heart since it’s so awesome. Buy yours naooooo and you can be Jeon Jihyun too!