I’d bought this during my trip to Korea in winter 2012 (yes I know, it’s been a while), but I never got around to using it cos it was buried under my mountain of products. And since I’m was planning for my usual pilgrimage to Korea in mid-April, I commenced my usual guilt-ridden frenzy of product clearance sometime in March so that I can make space for new ones, and also to suss out what’s good so I can buy 100 more pieces of it. heh.
There are versions with shimmer in them as well
Now, this is uncharacteristically pricier for an Etude House product – most of their stuff in Korea are priced extremely affordably at KRw3,000 onwards. Plus, it wasn’t the usual girly pink packaging. So why did I buy it?
- Cos I swatched it on the back of my hand, and it wouldn’t go away. For almost the entire day.
- The ink doesn’t feather.
- It’s a deep black intense colour which I love.
- It’s not waterproof, so it can be easily removed by rubbing gently with water. However, it’s amazingly resistant to the force of evil (i.e. the oil on my face).
- When I use my cleansing tissue to remove it, it comes off in patches and flakes (not the smudged-ink kinda removal), so they can be picked off if you miss a spot.
- It stays on the entire day without smudging. Seriously.
- The one downside (or perhaps I was just unlucky to get a not-so-well-made piece) is that the felt tip brush is slightly rough and slightly abrasive on the skin.
- The brush tip also isn’t very well made – when I first got it, it had random stray strands of material sticking out, so I’ve had to use my scissors to trim them into place. It doesn’t happen again though.
- The brush tip is also firm/flexible enough to draw the eye lines smoothly and to give you the type of shape you want.
- After extended usage, I think the ink gets kinda cloggy and dried around the edges, so closing it gets a little tougher. I’ve found myself twisting and twisting it and it doesn’t close properly. Make sure you clean it well from time to time.
Otherwise, this would be a perfect eyeliner – it doesn’t smudge or budge and can be easily removed. It’s also super affordable – I just wish the brush tip would be better made. I’m zipping off to Korea tonight for a business trip hehe (follow me on Instagram to follow me on my trip!), so I’ll be buying more of these in the hope that I had a badly manufactured piece 😀