When I’m on holiday, I tend to get shoulder aches more often because I lug around a water bottle – I have a fear of dehydration, and a lack of water makes my lips go all chappy and takes away my ability to zap men. zap zap zap. muahaha. Of course, a must-carry around item is also a lip balm or lip gloss. Etude House has magic mind-reading abilities too, since they’ve come up with this product that contains both of my must-have items. They be tapping my mind too. tap tap tap.
First of all, there’s no way you won’t gush about these products. I mean, just look at all the sweet pinkness overflowing and drawing out your inner Disney princess. -squeal and flicks hair excitedly-
There’s no specific order in which you should use these two products, so I usually start with the Lip Tint (which is kinda like a lip balm).
- The Lip Tint is a twist-out stick solid lip balm.
- It is pink in colour, and goes onto your lips as a light rosy pink tinge.
- The more layers you apply, the greater the intensity of the pink but it never goes into red.
- It has a very nice fragrance, which can be smelled whenever I purse my lips up ala duck face mode. I think this is an awesome thang especially when taking trains during peak hours.
- It moistens my lips and keeps it soft and hydrated, and its results are even more pronounced when I apply it onto dry chapped lips.
Next, I coat on the Lip Essence if I’m heading out for for an event.
- It comes in a squeezy tube form and is essentially lip gloss.
- The essence comes out from the slanted tip and is a liquid form that’s slightly thick.
- When applied to the lips, it gives a high gloss factor and isn’t too sticky.
- It doesn’t add much in terms of colour tone though.
- It also comes with the same fragrance as the Lip Tint, so if you apply both, it’s kinda like fragrance layering on your lips.
I used to think that lip balms were just.. well.. lip balms, a fuss-free item meant to maintain the integrity of your lip condition. Now that the Lip Tint comes with not just one, but two extra benefits of a pink tinge and fragrance, I’m actually pretty happy (and have chucked my old lip balm aside). This would be great as a gift for yourself or a friend, or even to split between two BFFs. Me likey!