Balls balls balls! I’ve recently developed an obsession with balls – the cosmetic skincare-related type of course. First was the Hera Waterin Roll-On Eye Serum with its rolling ball massager, then came the Guerlain Meteorites with their multiple coloured balls of powder, and now, we haz lift-off! (or balls off, if you may).
I bought this on a whim in December 2013 as part of my large haul from Boots.
- It comes a soft squishy tube that makes squeezing the product out pretty easy.
- The eye serum comes out from behind the 3 metal balls – just squeeze the tube gently to dispense it.
- Surprisingly, this eye serum is tinted with a sheen of pink and some glowy bits – it’s almost like a primer for your skin actually.
- I also attribute this to the reviews that I’ve found online that say “it instantly brightens up” – girlfriend, any product with a pink sheen like this will brighten up any parts of your face. I actually think it’s somewhat cheating – using an aesthetic effect to create an illusion of a long-term skincare benefit.
- That aside, the serum is unscented, and really lightweight. It’s absorbed really quickly into the skin and leaves no residue. You can barely see any difference in the photos above.
- The combination of the rolling massaging action along with the coolness of the metal balls make the area under the eyes feel more soothed and more relaxed. I guess this is why my eyes look slightly less puffy.
- I do not see much improvement (nor any deterioration for that matter) in the skin texture though- it looks slightlyyyyy more hydrated.
- One upside is that it doesn’t give any millia seeds.
I’d continue using this till it finishes, but I probably wouldn’t buy it again. The world is too big (and life is too short) to stick to using one eye serum that doesn’t quite show spectacular results. hohoho.