I love, love, love the Sulwhasoo Renodigm Dual Care Cream but unfortunately, my wallet doesn’t love it that much. At KRW150,000, it’s a lil pricey to be using on a daily basis (and to be re-purchasing every 2-3 months). Alas, I’ve had to search for a more affordable alternative.
Looking somewhat like the old school Hazeline Snow that our moms used to apply on their faces. Not my mom though – my vanity DNA comes from her, and she was slathering on Clarins, Dior and Chanel for a nong nong time.
- It comes in a traditional fuss-free plastic tub with a twist-open cap.
- There’s no spatula for you to scoop the cream out with, so I make sure I have clean fingers.
- It smells REALLY good – really fragrant and floral.
- A little goes a long way – I usually just dab my finger onto the surface of the cream, and that’s enough for half my face.
- It’s really quickly absorbed, and I love the fact that it leaves a slightly mattified finish, leaving my skin velvety smooth to the touch.
- I find that it does, indeed, help to keep the sebum at bay for perhaps 1-2 hours more than usual.
- I’ve been using this for about a month, and although I can’t see any benefits like pore reduction or skin whitening, my skin hasn’t deteriorated. It does feel slightly firmer to the touch upon application.
- My current morning beauty regime goes like this: Hera Cell Essence –> Boots No. 7 Protect & Perfect Beauty Serum –> this cream –> Sulwhasoo Luminature Essential Finisher (which acts as a makeup primer/base) –> makeup.
- I rotate my skincare products though – some mornings I go with: Hera Cell Essence –> Belif Problem Solution Green Essence –> Belif Peat Miracle Revital Serum Concentrate –> Sulwhasoo Luminature Essential Finisher. Yes I know I’m lacking a sunblock 😦 That’s why my Whitening Resolution (as made during Laneige’s launch of their new and improved White Plus Renew Line) is to make sure I wear sunblock. Heh.
Digressing aside, I really love this cream cos it mattifies, sets a good base for my makeup, has sunblock (SPF15 is better than no SPF, yes yes?), smells really good and feels lightweight. A pretty good day cream for those who like to have fuss-free morning regimes 😀