I bought this mask sometime in July when I was in Korea (in the sweltering sweat-inducing summer ugh), and I was pretty smug, thinking “hey I got first dibs on this hohoho”. Well, turns out it’s already available in Singapore (melons and ballocks on me lol). I’m pretty surprised at its quiet entrance though – it’s pretty apt for our climate, and should have pretty good response from the consumers.
- The packaging is as per usual – an upside down tube with a relatively heavy srew-open plastic cover, presumably to stabilise the tube.
- Although the instructions say to apply a thick layer, I usually go for an appropriate amount – say a small droplet about a 10-cent coin size for my entire face. Perhaps if you’ve had excessive exposure to the sun, then you can apply the thick layer.
- It has a pleasant herbal fragrance.
- Although it has a relatively thick gel consistency, it’s quickly absorbed into the skin.
- There’s a slight sticky feel on the skin that should go away after 5-10 mins (once it’s completely absorbed).
- There are two ways you can use this – by applying it and leaving it on overnight, or just washing it away 10-15 mins later.
- Either way, once it’s washed off, it leaves your skin feeling cooler and not as red/splotchy as before.
- My skin also felt bouncier and firmer to the touch, smoother and more hydrated.
- I use this on days when the sun decides to go into overdrive and scorch the ballocks outta my skin – the cooling sensation is almost instantaneous, kinda like aloe vera gel.
One thing I notice about Sulwhasoo’s sleeping packs / sleeping masks is that it’s always extremely reasonably priced (not that I’m complaining). This TruFresh Soothing Mask only costs KRW42,000 (approx SGD50) while the Overnight Vitalising Treatment costs KRW50,000 (approx SGD60), a small price to pay for waking up to baby-smooth bouncy skin or to cool it down to ice ice baby-smooth skin. Personally, here’s how I would use the two:
- Sulwhasoo TruFresh Soothing Mask: To instantly cool your skin down and revive it on hot days / when you’re having hot flushes. Can be used as a daytime 10-minute mask as well. Ups your skin’s hydration levels and makes it firmer.
- Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Treatment: For a tangible and visible difference in your skin the next morning. Or when you can’t be arsed to apply the entire regime of skincare products cos you’re tired 😀 Makes your skin firmer and smoother.